Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
Hello,
Björn talked to me about the refabrication of the type 14 door window sealings.
As I plan to build a small series of all original like Hebmueller-carbodies I already prepaired a reproduction of a small number of rubber sets.
The geometry was checked with my original rubbers (body number 14-00291, see pic) and the die to extrude the profile is already existing!
Only problem is: there is a minimum capacity of some 100 (!!) meters that I have to buy from the producer.
If I find at least 20 people who want to buy a set of door sealings (4 strips each), I can source a very high quality german made profile in the original geometry. Price then will be roundabout 100 Euros per set.
See attached pics showing the original sealing of my car and a small "handmade"sample to check geometry, made using the reproduced die. The extruded profile will be made of modern EPDM Rubber, according to todays automotive standards.
If you are interested in the rubbers, please give me an e-mail.

[email protected]

Pictures showgeometry of original and reproduced profile and fit of the reproduced profile on my car.

Aircooled greetings

Dirk

P.S.: I forgot to mention that of course the rubbers are Made in Germany!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
Pic 2: original (left) and reproduced rubber (right)  11574.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.