SixtyFive
15 years ago
what year was it, when they came with turquoise steering wheel,shifter and other interior parts?

and could a decent one be picked up for around 3k? 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

what year was it, when they came with turquoise steering wheel,shifter and other interior parts?

and could a decent one be picked up for around 3k? :)

SixtyFive wrote:

61 model only.

No.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
15 years ago
Cor!! who owns that cab ,it's lovely.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I like Turkish......... Kebap!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I like the car ,
but I would repaint the steering wheel and grap handle in a other color, I know it is original that way, but it looks very Gay IMO !
And I'm 100% Lesbian too, Pascal !!:lol:

Guido
heb623
15 years ago
Very nice car indeed!:wink:
Maybe I am wrong but isn't it missing the steering lock?:?:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
mrsherbie
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

:lol:

Are not steering lock's an extra option? or do all kabs have them anyway? I have no idea.

It is lovely colour, I love it, and all the specials like the green mats etc, but its a funny one is'nt it, its a marmite colour I think? beautiful and a bit sickly at the same time. So I dont think they are particularly any more valuable than other colour's? ie. Gulf blue is a very common colour, but also always an easy colour to sell ( Boys like it)

Years ago I used to own a NZ rhd '61 kombi in L380. With hindsight a great and slightly unusual bus. Its been painted now I think with white on the top.

There is a beauty that was at our local Sussex VW show 2 years ago, I bet Rich Oakley will know the car better, I will try to find a pic later.

(Mid 60's bahama blue is also a really pretty colour but does'nt quite have the magic/specials of the turquoise)

This one from the samba archives is fabulous too ! "38,000 miles, six owners. Original paint except for doors, right front fender, interior spare tire well. 1964 1200 40hp engine, rebuilt 12/80, oversized pistons, date stamp "12/80" on the block under the distributor, crankshaft replaced 11/07"

UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Rach66
15 years ago
That is a lovely colour 🙂
trmuratakturk
15 years ago

I like Turkish......... Kebap!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vintagevw wrote:

If you come to Turcia, I can order verygood Turkish kebab for you:wink:
Hello
UserPostedImage