48REME
15 years ago

the cal look is out of the window

Big Dave wrote:

Now you are totally welcome and totally deserving of such an unusual car! :lol: The Standard brigade here will be more than happy to assist if you're at a loss with period details and accessories.

Big Dave
15 years ago
So now the question is exactly how rare is it!!! are we talking a hundred or a handful left???
VW Stan
15 years ago

So now the question is exactly how rare is it!!! are we talking a hundred or a handful left???

Big Dave wrote:

Pretty rare in RHD with a sunroof I would have thought!
Probably only a handful built to start off with!
:d

page-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  page-2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  page-3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  page-4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  page-5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  page-6.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
How many 67 Standards have I ever seen? Not many!
How many of them were RHD? Probably none.
How many of them were sunroof cars...?

You do the maths!

I seem to remember someone in the Channel Islands had one. Was it RHD?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Big Dave
15 years ago
Cheers for that chap!!

I've gotta do some serious thinking about this car :?
Standard split
15 years ago
WOW one painted horn grill, that's really basic :shock:

And if the ad's anything to go by, it doesn't seem the paint has got a really deep shine either :beer:

Loving it – you should sell it to a Standard/Base model collector :twisted:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
54 Gertie
15 years ago

WOW one painted horn grill, that's really basic :shock:

And if the ad's anything to go by, it doesn't seem the paint has got a really deep shine either :beer:

Standard split wrote:

I cant see how it was cheaper for VW to have a seperate press etc for standard front wings than just giving it deluxe ones!

Dont get me wrong, its a great little querk and interesting detail nowadays but back in 1956, sureely it would have been cheaper just to give everyone ivory knobs and window winders so you havent got to soend time and money making differrent ones? :wink:
William
Big Dave
15 years ago

Standard split wrote:

Is that a case of you want it???:wink:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Big Dave wrote:

The paint is nice and flat aparently so yes! :wink:
William
Standard split
15 years ago

Big Dave wrote:

Would love the car as a drive away – just could not take on a project.

This would be a great car to use. My 'daily' is a rare 1972 1300 – its a rare '72 'cause its rust-free and never been welded :lol:

The '67 you have would be so useable, but a real item of interest.

I nicked this quote off your thread on the 'other side', someone there is very wise with spot-on advice :beer:

But try and make it as original as possible. I´d guess you run the risk of really hurting the value of it if you do anything irreversible. Also, as a custom, you are going to lose any kind of uniqueness that makes Standards so special. All the painted interior parts and all the rest of it. It would just be another Beetle.

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
JD
  • JD
15 years ago
Ahem...

I´m blushing now!
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Ahem...

I´m blushing now!

JD wrote:

ahhh! So your Horrido! :lol: :wink: :shock:

Good to know there are a few buffers lurking on the darkside! :lol:
William
JD
  • JD
15 years ago
Not so loud!
Don´t want everyone knowing.

Anyway - I think the true buffers are mostly on Restowagen.
I´m just some guy with a shagged old car.
UserPostedImage
crazydaze
15 years ago
The history of the channel islands rhd '67 ragtops delivered to the driving school was covered after a feature in Volksworld or Ultra in the past 2 or 3 years.

If it's one of those cars I thought the article may have mentioned around 12 delivered????

My memory is a little hazy though.

Alex.
JD
  • JD
15 years ago

The history of the channel islands rhd '67 ragtops delivered to the driving school was covered after a feature in Volksworld or Ultra in the past 2 or 3 years.

If it's one of those cars I thought the article may have mentioned around 12 delivered????

My memory is a little hazy though.

Alex.

crazydaze wrote:

Thats about what I remember hearing or reading.
Must be true then!
UserPostedImage
Big Dave
15 years ago
Cheers guys i'm not sure on the cars origins, I've been told that it was imported from Malta but am unsure if this is correct or not!!

69project
15 years ago
im gutted,there was an original sparkafer on ebay a year or so ago and i didnt understand the rarity of it at the time...i will learn by my mistakes!
Car less.....
VW Stan
15 years ago

Cheers guys i'm not sure on the cars origins, I've been told that it was imported from Malta but am unsure if this is correct or not!!

Big Dave wrote:

It'll be worth sending off for a VW Birth Certificate. It should tell you where the car was originally delivered to.

https://automuseum.volkswagen.de/index.php?id=12&L=1 
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
48REME
15 years ago
In my photo album of Standards, I could only find one Sparkäfer. This German sunroof model was simply parked in a street in Karlsruhe and photographed by Yan Rami in June 1997.:wink:

SPAR.01.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  SPAR.02.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
15 years ago
Are the painted bumpers and hubcaps correct :?: :?