Big Dave
15 years ago
yeah that what i got however she looks a long way from that

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
48REME
15 years ago

Are the painted bumpers and hubcaps correct :?: :?

Standard split wrote:

Mmmm...good question...it may again be a German thing, the painted bumpers and hubcaps. I somehow find it hard to believe that it's been 'invented' if ever the car has been repainted. Usually, you find that people who have had their cars repainted in the past more or less follow what was there before in terms of details. That is in the case of a car which has been repainted in its original colour scheme.
Big Dave
15 years ago
Have been thinking alot about this car and discusing it with my my dad as it is a joint venture between us!!

We have a clear vision of the car that we want to build and feel that the time/effort/money we would put into the car to build as standard, would be a waste as we would not drive/enjoy the finished article.....

Therefore we have decided that we will go with our orignal plan with no body mods....................

If any of you feel strongly enough that this car should be restored to standard then make me an offer
VW Stan
15 years ago

Have been thinking alot about this car and discusing it with my my dad as it is a joint venture between us!!

We have a clear vision of the car that we want to build and feel that the time/effort/money we would put into the car to build as standard, would be a waste as we would not drive/enjoy the finished article.....

Therefore we have decided that we will go with our orignal plan with no body mods....................

If any of you feel strongly enough that this car should be restored to standard then make me an offer

Big Dave wrote:

If you're going to modify it it would be wise to stick all the original bits away somewhere so if you do decide to sell it in the future, someone will still have the option to put it back to standard if they wanted.

There's an early LHD Standard for sale on Volkszone which has recently lost most of it's original bit's and would now take a lot of work to put back to its original state. The seller has lost a large chunk of the market for such a rare car as it's now just another cal-look beetle which just happens to be jupiter grey!

The Restowagen UK forum is just one click away! 

:wink:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
crazydaze
15 years ago

If you're going to modify it it would be wise to stick all the original bits away somewhere so if you do decide to sell it in the future, someone will still have the option to put it back to standard if they wanted.

There's an early LHD Standard for sale on Volkszone which has recently lost most of it's original bit's and would now take a lot of work to put back to its original state. The seller has lost a large chunk of the market for such a rare car as it's now just another cal-look beetle which just happens to be jupiter grey!

The Restowagen UK forum is just one click away! 

:wink:

VW Stan wrote:

OI!!!!

Restowagen is resto-cal only, better off on vzi, cal-look lounge etc :wink:

Alex
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

OI!!!!

Alex

crazydaze wrote:

Yeah, but Resto or Cal look or whatever - its all the same really, isn´t it.:shock: :lol: :lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
VW Stan
15 years ago

Therefore we have decided that we will go with our orignal plan with no body mods...

Big Dave wrote:

OI!!!!

Alex

crazydaze wrote:

If he's planning to restore the bodywork 'with no body mods' but lower it on painted rims, doesn't that make it resto-cal? :?

Or has the definition of resto-cal changed? :wink:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

If he's planning to restore the bodywork 'with no body mods' but lower it on painted rims, doesn't that make it resto-cal? :?

Or has the definition of resto-cal changed? :wink:

VW Stan wrote:

Don´t even go there Stan!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Dubster
15 years ago

Big Dave wrote:

Fair enough fella, although it is a pity to see such a rare car turned into something that looks like so many others on the road.

By the way, in standard fettle it will probably drive a lot nicer than after being slammed into the weeds.
December 1966 UK 1500 Beetle
Big Dave
14 years ago
I've been offered another project that suits me better:twisted: , so this is now up for grabs, anyone interested?
Bally
14 years ago
As Big Dave says - it's up for sale - nice price too!

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=1838 

Dave
Big Dave
14 years ago

As Big Dave says - it's up for sale - nice price too!

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=1838 

Dave

Bally wrote:

Do you think it fair money for it?