'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Malc Any progress/news?
We need to book accomodation.Are we OK?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Is Malc there  12566.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
51reutter
16 years ago
Hi all,

I'm traveling to Lavenham from Portugal in my '55 Oval all 2300Km and would like to know if the meeting is still beeing held in June 2008 and if I can book an hotel nearby, if there are still any.

Please help

Thanks
Instagram | @early_type
Peter_Plade
16 years ago
How many cars do you expect there will come?
We are some cars from Denmark that are comsidering to come over.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
He's too busy organising it to have the time to reply,i hope.  12601.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
16 years ago
Almost right George!
Unfortunatly haven't been around much as I've been very busy with work and other stuff including my camper.

The situation with the show is we are still at the stage of sorting out the finance to enable it to happen.

Will keep you posted when we have found some sponsorship to move the project forward.

Malc

😃
six-o-one
16 years ago

How many cars do you expect there will come?
We are some cars from Denmark that are comsidering to come over.

"Peter_Plade" wrote:

Hi Peter,
The main square will hold around 90 cars but we are also investigating other areas around Lavenham, which may be suitable for seperate displays like in Hessisch Oldendorf. Looking at the response on the guest book, we hope to at least fill the square vith vintage VWs!

Malc

😃
stussy
16 years ago
Theres a large playing field/cricket ground that they use for the august b/hol weekend car show that would hold a shed load of cars (its just over the road from the village hall)

Hotel wise, Lavenham is generally rammed in the summer, but theres other lovley small towns/villages nearby that have good accomodation (long melford, clare, cavendish)
there are only 2 very small campsites (one is club members only) in Lavenham, and the nearest other one is about 6 miles away

Hope you get it sorted, will be great to have this on my doorstep, i think i may even have a car that will be allowed in now 😃 😃

Claire
51reutter
16 years ago
I am taking some friends with me.

Right now the list is this one:

'55 Oval
'58 T2
'60 Beetle
'66 T2

and hope some more 😃
Instagram | @early_type
vintagevw
16 years ago
Maybe start the inscription with pré-pay then you can start with a budget... no?
We are coming with 5 cars.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
reminou75
16 years ago
Hi guys,

how far are you with the organization now? Is it still going to take place?

six-o-one
16 years ago
Yes, the show is ON!

We will soon be updating the website with online registration facilities and details of local camping...

😃
fantakid
16 years ago
Hi ,
wanted to come to the show - but since there was no register jet i thougt it would not take place. I do not know if i now can come ( holydays ). I heard of some other cars here from Germany that also wanted to come but now they are planning an other shows.
You guys have to make a statement and open the signeing in quick so the people can plan their holydays !
Bye Christian
six-o-one
16 years ago

Hi ,
wanted to come to the show - but since there was no register jet i thougt it would not take place. I do not know if i now can come ( holydays ). I heard of some other cars here from Germany that also wanted to come but now they are planning an other shows.
You guys have to make a statement and open the signeing in quick so the people can plan their holydays !
Bye Christian

"fantakid" wrote:

Hi Christian,
It was very nice to meet you In Bad Camberg last year. It would be a shame if you could not attend our show, but I fully understand that many people have made other plans for the summer. The registration will be open within the next couple of weeks and we'll let everyone who has signed the guest book know as soon as it goes live.

Again, sorry for the delay and lack of news.

Regards,
Malcolm

mrsherbie
16 years ago
Tell me someone, am I missing something?
I think I give up 😃

SSVC Lavenham thread 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Interesting reading Anna.
I'm starting to wonder about making the trip.
Seems some people will not leave it alone,content to turn up and try and spoil the weekend.
I spoke to a few people heading out to Camberg on our Ferry crossing,
they hadn't got a bloody clue what Camberg was about and seemed quite dissapointed when Chris pointed out it was a stock only show.
Whether i'm there or not, i hope similar scenes from last summers stock only show are not repeated.  13914.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
nev
  • nev
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
I think its a big shame if its true that the locals who have offered to help and support the show have been told they are not welcome, I'm sure if the idea behind the show had been explained properly no one would have any issues with not showing their modded cars.

Like HO or BC parking in the display area should be restricted to stock vehicles (pre 57 ideally) but everyone who wants to attend needs to get there and park up somewhere whatever they drive.

So lets all chill out a bit, and welcome all to attend (leaving lowered tat in the carpark of course) otherwise the show will suffer and this ranting will put everyone off including all the early cars from europe we are all hoping to see.

Kev 😎

pre67vw
16 years ago

I think its a big shame if its true that the locals who have offered to help and support the show have been told they are not welcome, I'm sure if the idea behind the show had been explained properly no one would have any issues with not showing their modded cars.

Like HO or BC parking in the display area should be restricted to stock vehicles (pre 57 ideally) but everyone who wants to attend needs to get there and park up somewhere whatever they drive.

So lets all chill out a bit, and welcome all to attend (leaving lowered tat in the carpark of course) otherwise the show will suffer and this ranting will put everyone off including all the early cars from europe we are all hoping to see.

Kev 😎

"nev" wrote:

I'm not aware of anyone who has offered help and has been told it wasn't wanted...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
16 years ago
I tried registering on the SSVC forum but it was too much like hard work.

As most on here already know, the 'theme' of the show is 'stock vintage', which is why the criteria has been set. The idea is to gather a large group of stock looking cars together in an attractive village, it's not about being elitist etc. The organisers aren't planning on being totally rigid on the stock side of things either, many cars have been updated over the years - wrong colour, different interior, maybe even a later engine, these will all pass the requirements so long as the car still has a 'stock appearance'. Lowered cars have deliberately been excluded from the main event, along with cars with alloys or big exhausts or other obvious modifications because they don't 'look' stock and therefore don't fit the theme. There will be a VW only car park for owners of modified cars who want to come look at the stockers and you'll be very welcome to do so, so long as your intentions are good. It may well only take you a weekend to make your vehicle look stock again, in which case you can register and join in!

There are enough obstacles in the way already (time, weather, money etc.) that the show really doesn't need any more. The show needs support from all sides for it to succeed.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
16 years ago

I'm sure if the idea behind the show had been explained properly no one would have any issues with not showing their modded cars.

"nev" wrote:

Lets not kid ourselves. Everyone with an old enough vw understands exactly
I might sound sharp but facts are often sharp.
At H.O. there was a '67' Bay entered and parked in the town (British)
At Camberg Bay on the field ( British)
I am not naming names but know who both were. And yes, nice people too.
But that doesnt alter the facts that they should'nt have been there. Otherwise its just not fair on everyone else who could'nt participate because of the rules.

It will be Brits who take the pi** regarding trying to get vws into an area they should'nt be in.
Nice people or not.
Thats just us/our uk vw scene.

I was clearly refering to the vehicles entered in the actual show, not visitor parking. Even that seems to have been misconstrued.

Sorry to be blunt.

But everyone knows what non-lowered means. It's not brain surgery.

There IS huge support.

hmm thinking about it, what about having no buses at all? just lovely beetles everywhere! :lol: :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann