Rich Oakley
16 years ago
As some of you know, I have been trying to find the 'right' pre-1949 for many years now. I have found two 1947s in the UK, but I cannot get the owners to sell them. Does anybody know of a 1945-48 car for sale at the moment?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
How much do you want to spend Rich :wink: Possibly.
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
I'd love yours George, but it's far too nice for my plans (bare metal, treat with salt for that 'patina' effect, lowered on earlies etc)...

:oops: :lol:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Rich,

Do you have any more pics of those aussie cars ? especially the 45. Do you know if the 46 is earlier than Pauls ?

Cheers
Kev

"nev" wrote:

Hi Kev,

I used to have more pics, but I can't find them. I had some pics of the '46 and '47 when they were UK cars. I don't think the '46 is earlier than Paul's. The Aussie car was not originally RHD from what I understand.

Rich.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

while we are talking about early cars , i'm looking for a pair of banana bumpers for mine.
Anyone got some to sell ?

"BUGBOY" wrote:

Try Dieter:
https://dieter.krebernik.at/ 
nev
  • nev
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
I can't see the 45 having been RHD originally although I guess you never know, there is an early RHD prototype pictured in Chris Barbers book.

Bugboy - If you get prices from Dieter Krebernik please can you let me know, I need a set for my car.

Cheers
Kev

Hebster52
15 years ago

Bugboy - If you get prices from Dieter Krebernik please can you let me know, I need a set for my car.

Cheers
Kev

"nev" wrote:

I'm also interested in the prices!
The HebsterWerks.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
See Classifieds
nev
  • nev
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
There you go Rich Georges 47 would be perfect for you, I know you're not keen on projects and the amount of effort I have put into mine already just getting the engine rebuilt with the correct parts has cost me alot of cash and time. Time that would cost you alot if you had to pay someone else to do the work for you.

George, wtf :shock: selling both cars at once. Have you bought something else ?

Cheers
Kev

Rich Oakley
15 years ago

There you go Rich Georges 47 would be perfect for you, I know you're not keen on projects and the amount of effort I have put into mine already just getting the engine rebuilt with the correct parts has cost me alot of cash and time. Time that would cost you alot if you had to pay someone else to do the work for you.

Cheers
Kev

"nev" wrote:

Cheers Kev.

I know you're right- George's car would be perfect and I've told him I would love to own it. Just don't think I can scrape together enough cash to buy it at the mo.

Can't believe he's selling both cars! What gives George? Has Heb #001 surfaced?

Rich.
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

Cheers Kev.

I know you're right- George's car would be perfect and I've told him I would love to own it. Just don't think I can scrape together enough cash to buy it at the mo.

Rich.

"Rich Oakley" wrote:

Actually he's trying to scrape together enough money to buy my Ghia. :wink: ...but I still won't sell.

Looks like you're going to have to sell a few more radios or take out a second mortgage Rich. Seriously though, buying the '47 is the sensible and the cheap option. :?
John.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago

the cheap option. :?

"lifeintheslowlane" wrote:

It's not cheap. :lol:
And if it doesn't bring the money,it won't go.
Standard split
15 years ago
I know that the cost of fuel is getting a bit much - but isn't this a bit drastic George :?:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

the cheap option. :?

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

It's not cheap. :lol:
And if it doesn't bring the money,it won't go.

"lifeintheslowlane" wrote:

Well I always consider buying a ready restored car as a "cheap" option George.

When you consider the cost of sourcing the parts for a pre '50 car, high quality welding, high quality, correct paintjob...today restoring a car like that puts your asking price into perspective; i.e. relatively cheap. :lol:
John.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
Very true John.
Wish every one could see it that way.
I started on the Karmann and it took 5 years to completion.
Many,many hours sourcing parts,thousand of miles of driving.
The asking price will not pay me back 100%,after all you must take every cost into consideration.
I am therefore adament i will not part for under my asking prices.
I am fortunately not in a must sell position.
JUST GOT THE ITCHY FINGURES SYNDROME :wink:
pre67vw
15 years ago
Are you out to sell both? or will you pull the other ad when the first one sells?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
15 years ago
Actually... its none of my business is it! I can't afford either.

Sorry, ignore me :roll:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
15 years ago

Cheers
Kev

"Rich Oakley" wrote:

Cheers Kev.

Rich.

"nev" wrote:

Actualy Heb nr 1 has surfaced serveral years ago :shock: , you just have to know where to look.
To my latest information it is .............
far, far away in the land of the rising sun....

Greetings Peter.  15770.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective