overrestored
15 years ago
OK... so I am sitting at the Quail Motorsports Event show... showing the Beeskow... and NOBODY there with their Ferraris and Delehayes and Bugattis has ever seen a Rometsch Beeskow... so there are a lot of questions to be answered etc. And then this little lady in her 70's or so shows up... She says... "I have a Rometsch"...

And yes... that always gets my attention! especially from somebody I have never met.

So she goes on about the car... a Lawrence... and we trade phone numbers and addresses

She and her late husband bought it many years ago... and it is original. She drives a 1977 beetle as her daily driver. A very nice lady.

After about 15 minutes she says... well... I have to go now. I have a car in the Bonhams and Butterfield Auction. I ask... "which one?"...
she says... "it's the Talbot Lago.. it's on the cover of the catalog"

WOW

Then she says... yes... it's kind of ugly. I have four more at home... I like them a lot more.

So I hear later that her Talbot Lago sold for 4.3 million US$.

No... you can't have her phone number!

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/2008/08/talbot-lago-sel.html   betty_locke_seller_of_bonhams_star_.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
15 years ago
WOW!!
Great story.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
What? She only had five Talbot Lagos? Life can be pretty rough sometimes, eh?:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
15 years ago
Wow - what a story, what a lady! Wonder what else she has in her garage...