JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago
need a key cutting from the code for my ignition switch.... 1953 oval... anyone know where I can get this done?

also Ice pick handle... where should the code be?

Thanks!
www.vwoval.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago
I just got some keys cut for the ignition on the '56 from Karmann Konnection, I left the ignition with them just so they knew it worked before they sent it back, and my handle had the same number punched into the side of the casting. They do nice VW logo blanks, and a plain cheaper version so I got one of each (plain for a spair) :d

Unfortunately the key didn't work in the door handle, so I took the barrel out to find that the back end of the barrel was broken - I think that's why it didn't turn. According to the workshop manual, if you change the ignition then it's possible to swap the 'wafers' in the barrel of the door handle so that it matches. So, I'm looking for an ice-pic handle either already with a key, or with a barrel that I can try to rebuild....
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Ovalbug
15 years ago

need a key cutting from the code for my ignition switch.... 1953 oval... anyone know where I can get this done?

also Ice pick handle... where should the code be?

Thanks!

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Should be a 'P' code key if its a '53 ignition switch....don't know of anyone in the UK, tried Custom & Commercial but the P code is too early for them.
Gabriel on The Samba can do them but he wanted quite a lot for the correct VW blank alone when I enquired last year...............
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
pre67vw
15 years ago
could try https://kaeferschluessel.de 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Jules
15 years ago

could try https://kaeferschluessel.de 

pre67vw wrote:

Thats who I got my 'P' profile blank from, he cut it too.... I'd been looking for ages, it was a bit of a moment (Hessich '05 - whole weekend was a bit of a moment actually!)
vintagevw
15 years ago
I know a place in Belgium where they do it.
I've been there for my zwitter with P-code 4 weeks ago.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!