zelensis61
15 years ago
:oops:
I think I have made a mistake...
Hello, guy's.
Hebmullers with cloth seats ( standard)had clamps to hold the seats.
Hebmullers with leather or simili leather seats ( deluxe ) had....rails.
I am not sure about the chrome handle but it might be correct.

According to my latest info that I have got and rechecked it in a small documentation source,
I must admit that about the seats in a Heb I have miss informed you guy's.
The chassis from hebs were delivered to Hebmuller without seat rails. The rails were delivered to Hebmuller separatly, The seatframes are all deluxe versions but some made in cloth, some in simili leather.

That was written in the contract between Hebmuller and Volkswagen Wolfsburg 😎 and other stuff.
I have seen a copy of that document but can not show it as I was not allowed to take a copy or photo.:cry: :cry: :cry: About writing over the stuff with ordonary paper and pen was not mentioned :idea: and I can write rather fast. Sad thing I have trouble to read it myself cause of this fast writing.:lol: :roll: ..?

There was also a complain from Hebmuller to deliver the chassis with the rails welded on from the factory and with the steering assembly in one shipment.
This because they have to weld them on a painted chassis and to avoid damadge when unloading the chassis from the train without steering assembley.

If you have a look at the pict where some chassis are towed at the hebmuller factory you see at the last car, next to the tunnel a rail on the chassis, however there are no steeringwheels in place. The pict I have is way to big to post here. If I make it smaller you can hardly see it.
In the Hebmuller book on page 93 you see the first Heb on the official fotoshoot. You see the ivory knob to adjust the seats in front of the seatframe.
It sure look like that to me.
It is possible that some cars were made with the seat clamps, Not much hebs have their original floorpanhalfs after 60 years.

I hope I made that clear now, altough it stays unclear wich car is original with clamps. and sorry for misinformations ...I have mut it right now.

Greetings, Peter.  27_03_unternehmensarchiv1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  27_03_unternehmensarchiv2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
vintagevw
15 years ago

Has any of you guys with deluxe seats, also have chromed lever arms on your seats?

Thomas

Sambaguy wrote:

Nope, mine are standard deluxe ones!:lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
GKL 7
15 years ago

Nope, mine are standard deluxe ones!:lol:

vintagevw wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems any area regarding a Hebmuller is very GREY.
Sambaguy
15 years ago
Thanks Peter for helping us in this topic.

So that means that Hebmullers with clamp bolts could have had the floor pans replaced once in a while. As you said, lots of things could have happened during almost 60 years.

Thomas

Etzhold1
15 years ago

Thanks Peter for helping us in this topic.

Sambaguy wrote:

HELPING US ????
He's driving me crazy :lol:
All seats are correct ,standard, deluxe, leather,cloth !
Don't forget Hebmullers are the most bad VW's ever build !:roll:
But I would like to own one of these bad VW's:lol:

Guido

GKL 7
15 years ago

HELPING US ????
He's driving me crazy :lol:
All seats are correct ,standard, deluxe, leather,cloth !
Don't forget Hebmullers are the most bad VW's ever build !:roll:
But I would like to own one of these bad VW's:lol:

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts Guido.
I think they were just thrown together with what ever was available.
But very disireable anyway.
heb623
15 years ago
HALLELUJA!!! :shock:
ONE OF THEM IS MINE!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Yes , but i think yours has the wrong seats !:roll:
zelensis61
15 years ago
Hello again.
Please take notice that I do not know it for 100 %.
The information that I have is from the early days of the construction.:!:

I am not god, I was not born when the car was made, I do not own a heb and I do not have a glass bowl to look in the past of future.:lol:
Et, If you think your seats are correct for your car, put them in the car and drive it.
There are not much people I know that will point out that your seats are not correct,
If they are period correct it is ok.

Greetings,

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
15 years ago

Yes , but i think yours has the wrong seats !:roll:

Etzhold1 wrote:

You may have a point there but ET thinks that it is better to have one Hebmuller with wrong seats ......
..... than to have no Hebmuller and a pair of good seats!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: ET

ps Everybody agreed?

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
15 years ago
You weren't saying that six months ago when you were pulling that Dutch Bondo out of it.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrsherbie
15 years ago

On my 50 Karmann Convertible the original seats have chromed lever arms for the seat adjustment. I have checked that also beetles 1950-51 also have the same chromed arms.

Sambaguy wrote:

We have them on our 50 deluxe sunroof, but not my deluxe 50, sorry not very helpful as not Heb though.

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sambaguy
15 years ago
Regarding the rails for the seats on Hebmuller. I have taken some photos today of the original floorpan of the Heb # 410. I have noticed some interesting things. The rail closed to the edge of the floorpan seems to be raised. It is 40 mm high and the rail on the opposite side is 30 mm. There were also four buttons, maybe for the floor mat. A rubber piece were attatched were the wall under the seat normally meets the floor.

Have you guys seen this on any other Hebmuller?

rubber piece.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  button.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  rail1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  rail2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  measureing button.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  buttons.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sambaguy
15 years ago

Regarding the rails for the seats on Hebmuller. I have taken some photos today of the original floorpan of the Heb # 410. I have noticed some interesting things. The rail closed to the edge of the floorpan seems to be raised. It is 40 mm high and the rail on the opposite side is 30 mm. There were also four buttons, maybe for the floor mat. A rubber piece were attatched were the wall under the seat normally meets the floor.

Have you guys seen this on any other Hebmuller?

Sambaguy wrote:

Regarding this picture of the higher rail on the driver side, I found a very interesting info in an old copy of factory notes that I have.
It says that the rail on the driver side was raised 15 mm at ch.nr 128 116 for Hebmullers.
 Factory note.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
usariemen
15 years ago
I have copies of papers that where sended between VW and Hebmüller.
Here is a part of a list of imperfect details that where found by VW on a car that was
checked by them after it was made at Hebmüller. Car #44 made in late june 1949.
The list is dated 16th july 1949.
You see they say: "left seat is not gliding"

UserPostedImage

That was quite early in the production and that car had seats with rails.
I can´t immagine they went back to the standard bolts.
Everything on the Heb was export model specific. Why should they use the standard seats?
Has anybody a Heb with its original floor that has wingnut fixed seats? I would not expect that.
Master of my domaine.
usariemen
15 years ago
No answeres? So nobody has a Heb with standard style seat bolts?
Well, then there might have never been some?
Master of my domaine.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I guess no one has a standard Heb... :wink: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!