GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
https://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=504940 

:shock: 😳 :roll:
(sorry for linking to that hellhole Rob,but fore warned is fore armed.)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
15 years ago
I hope they won't get on the train or boat becouse they are to low! :d
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
Yeah but, yeah but...we should go George!...It'll be wicked dude. Huh huh...whaddya think?
John.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Yeah but, yeah but...we should go George!...It'll be wicked dude. Huh huh...whaddya think?

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I would'nt worry, I think the still falling Β£ to Euro by June09 :shock: and credit crunch/recession will be having even more effect on everyone trekking across Europe next year, than it is now. Maybe for the better, H.O. is SUCH a long drive, hopefully it will strip away lots of people for who it is 'just another excuse for a road trip show' and leave the people for who it is truly important, as THEIR 1 AND ONLY, MUST ATTEND show of 2009.
I really wanted to do the Swiss 356 International in May, but with building our new house we cant justify the time away or cost of doing it next year with the Euro so high 😞 and I can wait for 2010 :d
We just got home from France last week, petrol was much more expensive there :shock: and Β£5 for every cup of coffee adds up pretty fast these days! :shock:

Also I spoke with someone this week who lives in H.O. and accommodation has been completely FULL EVERYWHERE for some time now. So if you are looking for rooms, you need to start looking a minimum of over 10kms away

I still think the guys who organise Bug In have got a LOT to answer for, by keep on tying their show to the following weekend of our favorite vintage only shows. Its a cheap trick :evil: 😳

I also thought that with the registration staying open, the late comer latter end of the list could fill up with the wrong type, but it has'nt, there are some amazing cars at the bottom of the list! And they would have missed out!

Someone suggested to me that as Brits who know the British cars better, we 'turn in' any ratty modified vw's we see appear on the registration list....:shock: :?: Too harsh??!

Anyway, I think we have a while yet before we have to worry ..:wink:

relax ; ) 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
15 years ago

and Β£5 for every cup of coffee adds up pretty fast these days! :shock:

mrsherbie wrote:

You should have drunk the petrol:roll:
BTW your posts are getting toooo long[-x you have become the Gary Constantine of pre'67VW:wink:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hi Ganny :wink: (combination from garry & anna)
Dont worry about the Swiss meeting, they don't have euros there !!:lol:
You where probebly with the 356 when you where drinking a cup of coffee, Those frensch people maybe look like idiots, but they are always looking what car you drive, and the price for a cup of coffee is related to the car you drive (you stupid women, its me renΓ© ):wink: I know that tactic very well ! Ask ET !!!
Et can tell you a nice story about Finding 3 cars in a barn and a full trailer with parts !:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guido

westy77
15 years ago
do any of you mind me asking whats wrong with wanting to visit a vw show? i had a great time traveling to and seeing camberg, and want to do it again, and dont worry my car wont be a threat to your eyes, its too new, too low and too rusty to be entered, but even if it wasnt the show is booked up so its not an issue, n ice attitudes btw
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

do any of you mind me asking whats wrong with wanting to visit a vw show?

westy77 wrote:

No we don't mind you asking at all. What you're witnessing here is what's known as "the generation gap." When you're old enough, (and you will be all too soon) you'll be allowed to gripe and moan about youngsters attitude towards EVERYTHING.

When you pass that certain (indeterminate) age it will be expected of you. Don't moan about the oldies "having a go", look forward to it...it's a lot of fun.:d
John.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

You should have drunk the petrol:roll:
BTW your posts are getting toooo long[-x you have become the Gary Constantine of pre'67VW:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

But petrol tastes horrible.
If by the time I end up a Grandma I know even half of what Mr Gary Brezelwerks knows I will be very happy indeed!*! :d

To everyone else visiting from other forums, here is a film for you:

:lol:

westy77
15 years ago

No we don't mind you asking at all. What you're witnessing here is what's known as "the generation gap." When you're old enough, (and you will be all too soon) you'll be allowed to gripe and moan about youngsters attitude towards EVERYTHING.

When you pass that certain (indeterminate) age it will be expected of you. Don't moan about the oldies "having a go", look forward to it...it's a lot of fun.:d

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

oh pensioner rage!! explains it all:wink: just as soon as i ditch there short trousers im there:lol:
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
15 years ago

nice attitudes btw

westy77 wrote:

Stick around a while.
You ain't seen nothing yet  jazz_singer_dvd-thumb-240x240.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Personally 50Karmann, I thought you looked hotter in your blue glittery shirt than that terribly un-PC face paint!

GKL 7
  • GKL 7
15 years ago

un-PC

mrsherbie wrote:

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: Don't start me,Please :wink:
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
I think Al Jolson's a bad call George. As much as we oldies love his music I always feel uncomfortable with someone whose most famous song starts..."Climb upon my knee Sonny Boy" :oops:

You know what these kids are like...they all seem far too eager to ditch their short trousers.:(
John.
Chris
15 years ago

As much as we oldies love his music I always feel uncomfortable with someone who most famous song starts..."Climb upon my knee Sonny Boy" :oops:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

John, Are you sure that wasn't a Gary Glitter song ?

The attached pic is to clarify things to you older people who may not be 'up to date' with computer jargon.....

adobeacrobatpdf.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
pre67vw
15 years ago
Now it feels just like Volkszone...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Now it feels just like Volkszone...

pre67vw wrote:

Yes I agree and its all 50 karmanns fault! 😳
(But at least Neil Diamonds song is GREAT, the others posted are pants)
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

Yes I agree and its all 50 karmanns fault! 😳
(But at least Neil Diamonds song is GREAT, the others posted are pants)

mrsherbie wrote:

Long pants, short pants...I'm afraid in my book Neil Diamond is just plain...PANTS!

...and yes I blame '50 Karmann too.
John.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

...and yes I blame '50 Karmann for getting us all into trouble as usual too.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

:lol:

Andy Sparks
15 years ago
I go on both forums and there are some people who go to a lot of shows In Europe, like Louisa (Soy Sauce). She's been to a lot more than me in the previous years.

As long as people have a respect for vintage tin and do not want to rat or lower everything i cannot see what is wrong with them attending. You never know it may point them in the right direction. also not everyone has the money to restore/buy some of the vehicles that turn up at these shows even if you do know where one is for sale.

Lets face it i know quite a few members on this forum have lowered cars in the past.(not me)
You can never have too many accessories on your car. πŸ™‚