69project
15 years ago
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
15 years ago
Whenever you post a link to Vzi,you must beg the forgiveness of Rob as you do so
IT'S THE LAW.
You must also offer some form of protection while the person is there.  994D-F_2-237x232.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Ovalbug
15 years ago
Do engines really go for that sort of money these days? Seems like a heck of a lot! :?: :?:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
69project
15 years ago
sorry..........:d 😛 😛

a lot of money though!!!
Car less.....
GKL 7
15 years ago
That's £400 more than he advertised it for last week on The Samba.:roll:
Sunroof53
15 years ago
You have to be very carefull buying old engines .I have been stung recently with "a good running engine" and now have the cost of a rebuild as well.Barrels and pistons for 30hp are £300+(25hp not availible),Big ends are £50 etc etc.Buy the engine stripped so you can inspect it yourself .Even low mileage engines can corrode badly inside the case if not used ,the oil ways are small and clog .i have bought 3 engines now just to get one good case.My car should a 25hp and i found one .it looked it had been in a chicken shed for the last 20 years and he wanted £1500:shock: With the duf engine i bought i have now spent over £650.Thats doing all the work myself.:cry:

I am sure this is a good engine and actually for a period correct good 25hp engine ,assuming it was numbers perfect for your car is fairly priced.Have you seen the price of just a T cleaner!.Ever tried to find a 383 distributor?.If you had to buy the parts separatly it would cost a great deal more even with the credit crunch.And with the cost of mine adding up is starting to look like a bargain.
Etzhold1
15 years ago

You have to be very carefull buying old engines .I have been stung recently with "a good running engine" and now have the cost of a rebuild as well.Barrels and pistons for 30hp are £300+(25hp not availible),Big ends are £50 etc etc.Buy the engine stripped so you can inspect it yourself .Even low mileage engines can corrode badly inside the case if not used ,the oil ways are small and clog .i have bought 3 engines now just to get one good case.My car should a 25hp and i found one .it looked it had been in a chicken shed for the last 20 years and he wanted £1500:shock: With the duf engine i bought i have now spent over £650.Thats doing all the work myself.:cry:

I am sure this is a good engine and actually for a period correct good 25hp engine ,assuming it was numbers perfect for your car is fairly priced.Have you seen the price of just a T cleaner!.Ever tried to find a 383 distributor?.If you had to buy the parts separatly it would cost a great deal more even with the credit crunch.And with the cost of mine adding up is starting to look like a bargain.

Sunroof53 wrote:

GKL 7
15 years ago
Buy it from his Samba Ad then,and save yourself £400,easy.
The coffee can is a repro by the way.
Here where you are coming from 'tho adding all the parts together.