54 Gertie
14 years ago
I dont see the problem, JD is not suggesting scrapping the current site and making a new one for post '68s, just making a little corner of this one for current members to post their other VWs?

William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
You WILL look at the 1303s!!:lol:

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
SixtyFive
14 years ago
it will be a happy day when 03's are classed as cool by others!

if type 2's are 'cool' then why the hell are 03's hated so much!!! :lol: :lol:
GKL 7
14 years ago

I dont see the problem, JD is not suggesting scrapping the current site and making a new one for post '68s, just making a little corner of this one for current members to post their other VWs?

54 Gertie wrote:

Well that's fine,but out of principle we'll have to change the name then:roll:

JD
Chris
54 Gertie

Anyone else want to add their name to the list?

Where's Anna when you need her,mind you on seconthoughts,NO,she'll be posting pictures of her FATBIRD cabrio at this rate.:lol:
GKL 7
14 years ago

SixtyFive wrote:

I'm going to wake up in a minuite,for sure,this is a bloody nightmare.:twisted:
GKL 7
14 years ago

You WILL look at the 1303s!!:lol:

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

ROFLOL
That hit the mark for me,that's funny.
55Kab
14 years ago

BOLLOCKS!!!

If i can't have pre '53 only,you can't have post '67

'50 Karmann wrote:

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :beer: :beer:

Now that was the funniest post I've seen in a long time! It really did make me laugh. My wife even looked across at my crumpled position on the sofa and ask what on earth has made you laugh so loud!

55Kab
14 years ago

SixtyFive wrote:

They already are, but you need to apply the words "German Look" :wink:

55Kab
14 years ago

I'm going to wake up in a minuite,for sure,this is a bloody nightmare.:twisted:

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another stella post George! And I love the "where's Anna when you need her" also! :lol:

For me the contents of this site should be what is says on the tin - pre67vw.........

pre67vw
14 years ago
It's not the direction I ever wanted the site to go in personally, I'd much rather align the site with the old 'IVVM' magazines than some generic 'volkswagen driver' magazine. Or in show terms, like an online Hessisch Oldendorf/Bad Camberg rather than some 'lets please everyone' VW show.

However, I have been a bit concerned recently that many people are preferring to post over on the Samba than here and it seems a lot of our European friends are much less active than in the past...? So I'm happy to listen to suggestions...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
14 years ago

However, I have been a bit concerned recently that many people are preferring to post over on the Samba than here and it seems a lot of our European friends are much less active than in the past...? So I'm happy to listen to suggestions...

pre67vw wrote:

Quality not Quantity !!! :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
14 years ago

Quality not Quantity !!! :wink:

Chris wrote:

Hold on,didn't you say OK to this fiasco?

Rob,i don't think there is a problem,quite honestly(without trying to upset anyone)i find the samba quite boring with regards to it's forums.
Posts carrying on for weeks about the same subjects discussed several times before.

I noticed yesterday 1770 Members,Isn't the site still growing?I thought the whole idea was to be unlike any other site available STOCK PRE 67.
Don't change it Rob, it will lose it's uniqueness.
To notice people posting on the samba you obviously will have visited,we all do everyday probably.I don't think that spells a migration to another site.
This whole post needs deleting it was a silly idea in the first place.
pre67vw
14 years ago

Rob,i don't think there is a problem,quite honestly(without trying to upset anyone)i find the samba quite boring with regards to it's forums.
Posts carrying on for weeks about the same subjects discussed several times before.

I noticed yesterday 1770 Members,Isn't the site still growing?I thought the whole idea was to be unlike any other site available STOCK PRE 67.
To notice people posting on the samba you obviously will have visited,we all do everyday probably.I don't think that spells a migration to another site.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I do look on the Samba every now and again, but I try to avoid it if possible - I always come away with a severe case of jealousy. People advertise their Hebs there but not here, their split cabrios there and not here... There's some great Rometsch threads on the forum that I wish were on here. Why? Maybe because it has a wider audience?

I would rather not add a post '67 section as it obviously goes against the purpose of the site, but I wonder if having a wider audience would then help the more vintage stuff grow?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

X 2 !
a8)
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

but I wonder if having a wider audience would then help the more vintage stuff grow?

pre67vw wrote:

Thats sort of what I was thinking in the first place. Get more people involved with stockers of any age and maybe the influence will spread. Even the newest of German beetles are pretty old by now, at least by any normal standard.

UserPostedImage
55Kab
14 years ago

I do look on the Samba every now and again, but I try to avoid it if possible - I always come away with a severe case of jealousy. People advertise their Hebs there but not here, their split cabrios there and not here... There's some great Rometsch threads on the forum that I wish were on here. Why? Maybe because it has a wider audience?

I would rather not add a post '67 section as it obviously goes against the purpose of the site, but I wonder if having a wider audience would then help the more vintage stuff grow?

pre67vw wrote:

I've found the Samba extremely helpful in both getting answers and finding parts and you've hit the nail on the head above Rob, it's because I believe it has a far, far wider audience.

It's only my personal comments of course and I hope you see them as contructive but in general the Samba feels a little more user friendly, covers a far greater range of topics, accepts all vehicles under each heading and is seen as a "global" resource. I definately think pre67 is seen as catering to mainly UK enthusiasts.

That said, I'm comfortable how it is now and think apart from the minor tweak here and there, nothing really needs to change. :wink:

Mike Peckham
14 years ago
One of the reasons I would like to see later stock air-cooled VWs included on here is because it is so difficult to filter out the relevant stuff on the Samba. There are often interesting posts on there but they tend to get lost in the morass.

I think there is like-mindedness amongst all of us who are interested in stock air-cooled VWs, whether they are pre or post 1967.

A forum where the emphasis is on provenance, history and originality would surely encourage others to join and ultimately foster more interest in the vintage scene?

Just my view… :wink:

Mike8)

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
vintagevw
14 years ago
I have nothing against post 67 VW's.
I own 2 of them and also like to drive them, but I like how it is now and have no idea how it would turn if there comes a post 67 forum.....
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Etzhold1
14 years ago

I own 2 of them and also like to drive them, but I like how it is now and have no idea how it would turn if there comes a post 67 forum.....

vintagevw wrote:

X 5:roll:
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

vintagevw wrote:

What can happen? Plague of locusts? Rain of blood?:lol:

If it doesn´t work it can be deleted.
UserPostedImage