GKL 7
14 years ago
EWWW,That plastic will be awefully sweaty.
pre67vw
14 years ago

So it looks like Bug Boogie is a better location, providing Rob is ok with it?

Whos keen? :d

Robb wrote:

Feels kinda weird that people think they have to get my permission... :? Sounds like a cool idea to me, but the date clashes with Goodwood revival - never been and thought maybe this was the year. Either way, my car probably won't make it going by past experience :roll:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
14 years ago
I personally think it’s a good thing Robb is trying to do :d We’ve talked about it for some time now and all we’ve come up with is excuses why we can’t get a line up together :oops: And now we have someone willing to take on the task of organising a line up, I think we should give Robb some encouragement rather than just shoot him down. Ok, so Action isn’t the show, but there must be a show that most people are comfortable with taking their cars to.

We don’t attend shows because there aren’t any stock cars there to interest us, and there never will be until we start to take them there. As Robb said, what encouragement is there to keep your car stock when you see such a fantastic line up from the RestoWagen boys ? I know it’s easy for me to type this as I don’t have a roadworthy car to take to shows. But when it’s done (No funny comments please 😳 ), I’d be happy taking it to a couple of ‘non stock’ shows.

So, c’mon. Instead of putting obstacles in his way, let’s give him some support and encouragement. And let’s make a concerted effort to get to at least one show next year.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
14 years ago

I personally think it’s a good thing Robb is trying to do :d We’ve talked about it for some time now and all we’ve come up with is excuses why we can’t get a line up together :oops: And now we have someone willing to take on the task of organising a line up, I think we should give Robb some encouragement rather than just shoot him down. Ok, so Action isn’t the show, but there must be a show that most people are comfortable with taking their cars to.

We don’t attend shows because there aren’t any stock cars there to interest us, and there never will be until we start to take them there. As Robb said, what encouragement is there to keep your car stock when you see such a fantastic line up from the RestoWagen boys ? I know it’s easy for me to type this as I don’t have a roadworthy car to take to shows. But when it’s done (No funny comments please 😳 ), I’d be happy taking it to a couple of ‘non stock’ shows.

So, c’mon. Instead of putting obstacles in his way, let’s give him some support and encouragement. And let’s make a concerted effort to get to at least one show next year.

Chris wrote:

Chris,will you turn up if this happens.you have been missing all year.
pre67vw
14 years ago

Chris wrote:

x2 :d
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
14 years ago
I vote Bug Boogie, a lovely show in a lovely (reasonably central also) location? :d
William
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

Chris wrote:

x 3 :d
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
Thanks guys :)

I dont mind organising it, ive done many for Restowagen since the start of that site. But i cant make Bug Boogie, hence why i suggested action. If you dont like leaving your car there, why not go for the day like me? that way its not left over night. just a thought :)

Bug Boogie is Sunday 20th sept.

Put your name in a list if you can attend either with your car 😎

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
I could approach the display organiser at Stanford Hall and see if they'd also like a Pre67vw display there....at least one show next year would be great.....then as you say, build from that if you so wish. 🙂
VW Stan
14 years ago

I could approach the display organiser at Stanford Hall and see if they'd also like a Pre67vw display there....at least one show next year would be great.....then as you say, build from that if you so wish. :)

Robb wrote:

That's one show that you wouldn't want to organise a pre67vw display, as there's already the Historic VW display, and you can get in for free if you register for that!

Most people on here with early cars who go to Stanford Hall will already be part of that display!

The Volksworld Show would be interesting!

:d

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
pre67vw
14 years ago
Yep, Stanford Hall already has the Historic lineup which is usually great.

Volksworld show... maybe.

I reckon Stonor would be the perfect show next year... and peppercorn.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
14 years ago

I know it’s easy for me to type this as I don’t have a roadworthy car to take to shows. But when it’s done (No funny comments please 😳 ), I’d be happy taking it to a couple of ‘non stock’ shows.

Chris wrote:

Chris, whilst in Wolfsburg after Hessisch I spoke to a someone at the Classic parts centre about your car. He commented on our registration (SDV 551) and asked if I knew about another oval, yours, SDV 90.

I said yes of course and that it was under a long (:!: ) term restoration and he was please to hear it was still around as from what I gathered a friend of his used to own it, when it was on the road I believe.

I cant think of the name of the friend but it may have been Paul, I cant think, it was quite a while ago and only last night I remembered it.

Well, perhaps some encouragement, you need to get that car on the road for a photo next to ours. :wink:

William
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Bug Boogie? :wink:
William
crazydaze
14 years ago
Europes most beautiful VW 2009 as announced at VW Action is......................................

UserPostedImage

Roy Wilson's '66
pre67vw
14 years ago

Europes most beautiful VW 2009 as announced at VW Action is......................................

UserPostedImage

Roy Wilson's '66

crazydaze wrote:

I was going to post something, then I remembered the kanye west/taylor swift incident... 😳

Roy's '66 is a great car!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW