Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
Anyone planning on going for the day/weekend?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
356boy
14 years ago
at santa pod... Naaaaa!
normally ends up a big rave and things go missing in the night
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
yes but you can go just during the day......anyone ever thought about a pre67 line up? make a change to see a row of stockers 😎
pre67vw
14 years ago

yes but you can go just during the day......anyone ever thought about a pre67 line up? make a change to see a row of stockers 😎

Robb wrote:

We've talked about a line up on a few occasions, but never been organised enough. VW Action at the pod probably isn't the best place for it though, as most stockers will be staying away mumbling about how much better the old days were when it was held at Stoneleigh (and they would be right:wink: ).
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
well lets get organised 😎

and yes it may have been better at Stoneleigh, and closer for me, but its not....so whos up for it? i dont mind organising it.

Saturday it looks like they have the "Everyday vehicle" show and shine and also the "Line up displays"

£15 to get in. Whos up for it? far better show then Bug Jam, alot more laid back, and you dont get the boy racers.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

well lets get organised 😎

and yes it may have been better at Stoneleigh, and closer for me, but its not....so whos up for it? i dont mind organising it.

Saturday it looks like they have the "Everyday vehicle" show and shine and also the "Line up displays"

£15 to get in. Whos up for it? far better show then Bug Jam, alot more laid back, and you dont get the boy racers.

Robb wrote:

Look here. 

:wink:

William
Rhodrich
14 years ago
I took my '51 last year, but to be honest, I just wasn't happy leaving it in the camping field. As it was, it was OK, and didn't come to harm, but this year, I'll be taking my 412LE Variant instead (that's if the weather's good, and I go). I just don't want the worry. Weekend shows are too much of a risk, especially when they're at the Pod.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
well i was only planning on going on the saturday....so no risk....but all the previous years ive camped and its been fine. brian organises a good show.

whos in? not bothered if you dont like it/not coming/not interested..[-x

mrsherbie
14 years ago
I would rather chew my own arms off than go to santa pod.

So,... I'm out.

UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stickman
14 years ago
Sounds like a good idea to me. I think the stock look should be present, especially at these sorts of shows. We need to encourgae more folk to follow our way! look at this sad post on the Volksworld site:

https://www.volksworld.com/news/blog/341654/james-gets-a-beetle.html 

A car ripe for restoration, but that is not the plan;

"The plan is to slam, narrow and eventually Fuchs the ’66 and James to use it as his daily driver. Tidying the body will follow as and when… " :shock: :twisted:

Surely tidying the body is first priority:cry:

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
my point exactly! rather then moaning about lowered cars etc, and that people should keep them stock....thats why i was suggesting a stock pre67vw line up...

you dont really see any stockers at shows other then stanford hall, so lets get out there and show off those stockers 😎

What car have you Stickman? maybe we can start a list on here of cars up for it? :d
69project
14 years ago
problem with the pod is that it attracts lowlifes who dont appreciate other peoples property!

im considering going to ultra vw thing plus brighton breeze but would only go action in my caddy
Car less.....
mrsherbie
14 years ago

im considering going to ultra vw thing plus brighton breeze but would only go action in my caddy

69project wrote:

I had forgotten about BugBoogie! I like its location so we might do that one, and Brighton Breeze this year, but on foot only (as we are local the Breeze is too expensive as we dont use their (albeit excellent!) camping)

Bug Boogie  

Brighton Breeze 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
14 years ago

problem with the pod is that it attracts lowlifes who dont appreciate other peoples property!

69project wrote:

That said,what is the appeal of going?
54 Gertie
14 years ago

That said,what is the appeal of going?

'50 Karmann wrote:

You get too see rare VWs with rollcages and no rear end almost plowed into the drag strip walls, great. :shock:

It is a nice idea but I personally would not leave my car (even though half of it is in primer) at a "pod" show. I know that people say that VW Action is better from that point of view than the other (Bugjam etc) but I dont see it. Not that ive been to any at Santa Poo.

Bugboogie is a nice show and one of the most relaxed ive been to. That would be a great place to pioneer a 'Pre'67 lineup" in my opinion.

I think that VW Action might be too far too soon :wink:
William
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Surely tidying the body is first priority:cry:

stickman wrote:

Yes, absolutely. I often see rotten barely legal cars, but with thousands of pounds spent on naff wheels and narrowed beams etc. Surely spend this stupid ampunt of money on getting the car to a state where it is not going to fall apart!:roll:

I think that when '55kabs convertible was first put back into service by Mike Att he made the right choice. He retained the OG paint for people too see but made it structurally solid. Also, I know his intention was only to run the car for a year before embarking on a full restoration.

I think apart from the naff aftermarket stuff (sorry Martin :wink: ) that was a good move, it was nice too see a relatively unrestored UK cabrio at Bristol Vfest. 😎
William
55Kab
14 years ago

I think that when '55kabs convertible was first put back into service by Mike Att he made the right choice. He retained the OG paint for people too see but made it structurally solid. Also, I know his intention was only to run the car for a year before embarking on a full restoration.

I think apart from the naff aftermarket stuff (sorry Martin :wink: ) that was a good move, it was nice too see a relatively unrestored UK cabrio at Bristol Vfest. 😎

54 Gertie wrote:

:shock:

I can't think of any naff aftermarket stuff Mike had on the car Will? I do hope you're not suggesting that original Porsche Fuch are naff aftermarket items? :lol:

Which UK cabrio was at Bristol Vfest?

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
the vert was at Volksfest last year Martin.

Anyway, this thread wasnt set up to bitch about shows, it was to organise a line up. im starting to ask myself why i bothered, as its ended up wityh a load of windging! :roll:

So ok, whos up for a line up at Bug Boogie then?

Positive folks, think positive, otherwise your reputation will confirmed otherwise :lol:
54 Gertie
14 years ago

:shock:

I can't think of any naff aftermarket stuff Mike had on the car Will? I do hope you're not suggesting that original Porsche Fuch are naff aftermarket items? :lol:

Which UK cabrio was at Bristol Vfest?

55Kab wrote:

Yours, was in the show and shine. first time I saw it. 😛

And no, not the wheels....the stuff that they are bolted to. :lol:

Happy Birthday for last week BTW, just seen on Resto (I do drift onto the darkside!:wink: ) :beer:
William
55Kab
14 years ago

And no, not the wheels....the stuff that they are bolted to. :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

Aha, well careful there as that was an Evil Ben's one off item, not an aftermarket naff item! :wink:

just seen on Resto (I do drift onto the darkside!:wink: ) :beer:

54 Gertie wrote:

'50 Karmann has noted it! :lol: