Richard
14 years ago
:roll:
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Aha...got 'em.

All I'll need to do is fit some steels, pump the air-ride up a bit and keep the decklid locked as I'm as good as "in"... :lol:

55Kab wrote:

YOU SHOULD! Go on pleeese! Can it be done? :beer:
That way stock lovers could appreciate your super special car looking stock again, even if just for one day! it would be absolute magic for most stock people who are familiar with its last rat restocal guise, and then straight after the show you can revert back to your hooligan self! :lol:

You could be the first with a freshly restored car to appeal to both sides in the same year! Will make for a really interesting mag feature :wink:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
55Kab
14 years ago

YOU SHOULD! Go on pleeese! Can it be done? :beer:
That way stock lovers could appreciate your super special car looking stock again, even if just for one day! it would be absolute magic for most stock people who are familiar with its last rat restocal guise, and then straight after the show you can revert back to your hooligan self! :lol:

You could be the first with a freshly restored car to appeal to both sides in the same year! Will make for a really interesting mag feature :wink:

mrsherbie wrote:

Yes, it can be done! :wink: And you know what, I like that idea a lot. After all with the exeception of the wheels and ride height the car externally (and internally > the inside, oh all right except the Berg5 shifter :lol: ) will look stock.

H'mmmm.....think a plan's hatching!

Off to give the camels their supper! :lol:

mrsherbie
14 years ago
Ha ha you will be the 'peoples poet' :lol:

Oh and by the way, "I am NOT getting aggressive!"

UserPostedImage

Oh and I know I should'nt say it here but Berg shifters are the best, I love the feel of using them (we have a bus one here I would really like fitted into our samba) 😳 function over form you know :lol: Maybe your could hide yours under a vintage picnic box or tartan blanket :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
69project
14 years ago
i also have have a berg shifter...naughty but nice!!!
Car less.....
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Yes, it can be done! :wink: And you know what, I like that idea a lot. After all with the exeception of the wheels and ride height the car externally (and internally > the inside, oh all right except the Berg5 shifter :lol: ) will look stock.

55Kab wrote:

Martin- do it!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
RoRoVw
14 years ago

55Kab wrote:

Sounds good to me!
harveypj
14 years ago

Whether you like lowered cars or not, both splits owned by Richard and Richard I would have thought are deemed worthy of display.

55Kab wrote:

Without question, and arguably 'Star of the show' at 99% of the show calender.......just not at Stanford Hall,
the always has been and hopefully always will be 'STOCK' show.

"KEEP OUR 1% ALIVE"
Stock......the new custom
LongMooie52
14 years ago
i know all to well that this forum is for the purests and im not one of them, but...
i try and keep my vws as stock as possible, my late 52 split had a aftermarket ragtop fitted by the last owner and i finaly got a 3 fold to make it more original
i could have clipped it with a hardtop keeping it a hardtop as it was made but i thought well its already been cut so i went on a mission to get a 3 fold clip that i will be installing very soon
my car is very stock looking but it is lowered, it can always be put back to stock as nothing has been hacked
love it or hate it its a split thats gets driven
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

i know all to well that this forum is for the purests and im not one of them, but...

LongMooie52 wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but....

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=17408 

Your car sounds cool. Damn right you should fit a three fold in place of an aftermarket sunroof!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
356boy
14 years ago
i've actualy heard anna is a secret admirer of slammed splits:twisted:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

i've actualy heard anna is a secret admirer of slammed splits:twisted:

356boy wrote:

You like to live on the edge, donΒ΄t you! I think you may have invented a new extreme sport there.:shock:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Standard split
14 years ago
Only 100% factory spec will do (for me anyway).

What is rare now is an unmodified Type ll, everything advertised has had something done to it 😢

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Ivan
14 years ago
I have posted this on Restowagen so felt I should post it here to. These are my views. I should add that i have spoken to Mike Pye and the basis of the feature was subject to discussion with the owner of the car.

I love Rich's car, I think it's fabulous. But then I love pretty much any VW that has been well thought out and well executed. I've had more stockers than I can count (or perhaps that should be remember!), I built a Resto Cal Notch to the best of my ability in the late 80's - so that should prove I like Resto Cals. And then there's my main passion - Cal Look. I also go nuts over well built race cars - tell me Adele and Steve's or Matt Keene's cars aren't the business?

As for the Historic Club - they have there parameters and personally I think it is essential that they fly that flag as high as possible - otherwise we'd have no stock VWs to learn from and respect. I'll be honest, there's nothing quite like driving a really good stock VW. Obviously driving a Resto Cal is a totally different experience and dentists all over the world are happy people drive them as it keeps them in business
As for Cal Look VWs - we'll Calvin Klein has made a fortune in underwear sales thanks to fast street VWs....

It's horses for courses, me, as I say - anything goes, so long as the passion is to keep that VW - whatever the style - in tip top condition for future generations is there, that's ALL that matters to me.
GKL 7
14 years ago

Don't suppose you found it locally did you:wink:
Standard split
14 years ago

This one has been up for sale in the UK for a while now, and mentioned a few times on this forum :wink:

Cut the middle-man out and go direct, it was Β£24,000 last time I saw the car advertised here :roll:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
GKL 7
14 years ago
WTF He knows that, it's his car:roll: :roll: :roll:
Standard split
14 years ago

WTF He knows that, it's his car:roll: :roll: :roll:

'50 Karmann wrote:

:oops: πŸ˜› :evil:

356boy
14 years ago
i figured that if resto cal ovals go for $45000 plus then surely my split should fetch that