Andy Sparks
13 years ago
Well here you go guys, this is what i have let myself into. eyes wide open i know this is gonna hurt my bank balance

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
You can never have too many accessories on your car. ๐Ÿ™‚
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Andy Sparks
13 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
six-o-one
13 years ago
So what's the plan Andy?

Clean it up for a quick MOT and drive it this summer or, a full restoration?

:roll:

Andy Sparks
13 years ago

So what's the plan Andy?

Clean it up for a quick MOT and drive it this summer or, a full restoration?

:roll:

six-o-one wrote:

Gonna be my daily :omg:, and summer is round the corner. Mate i am gonna use it till i have all the parts and can afford to restore it. No point in taking it off the road at the moment.
Rattletrap
13 years ago
:omg: I used to own that.

Blimey, looks a little neglected now. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Rattletrap โ€“ the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950โ€ฆ the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW โ€“ he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Andy Sparks
13 years ago

Rattletrap wrote:

Mate can i e mail you [email protected] would love to know some info regarding this car if it would be OK. It is all OK, it is going to a good home.
pre67vw
13 years ago

Rattletrap wrote:

Got any pics of it in its former glory?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Cool. Thatยดll keep you occupied.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Si Med
13 years ago

Rattletrap wrote:

Looked better when you had it?
Probably because you never drove it ๐Ÿ˜› :rofl:
54 UK rhd
Rattletrap
13 years ago

โ€ฆwould love to know some info regarding this car if it would be OK. It is all OK, it is going to a good home.

Andy Sparks wrote:

Got any pics of it in its former glory?

pre67vw wrote:

I'll try to have a look around my loft the weekend and see it I can find some pics and info, the cab was a little tired even when I got it.

It was acquired from an agency, and it along with a red 1970 Karmann Cabrio was used in an advertising campaign for Maynards wine gums. Both cars were in Maynards livery. It was great fun getting it all off.:x

Looked better when you had it?
Probably because you never drove it ๐Ÿ˜› :rofl:

Si Med wrote:

You've driven your oval so much you've worn it into the ground Si โ€“ the chassis is dragging along the road. ๐Ÿ˜›

Rattletrap โ€“ the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950โ€ฆ the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW โ€“ he's on facebook!
Si Med
13 years ago

You've driven your oval so much you've worn it into the ground Si โ€“ the chassis is dragging along the road. ๐Ÿ˜›

Rattletrap wrote:

Touchรฉ :d

Love the cab, have the semaphores being sealed up?

54 UK rhd
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Touchรฉ :d
Love the cab, have the semaphores being sealed up?

Si Med wrote:

That was a thing โ€“ there was not a sign of them, so welded up proper I'd say. Hope Andy fits them back, not sure what he'll do about the pan though.:?

Semis are an important item on a '50s VW to me โ€“ my daily drive '58 has them, I use them too, no flashing signals on it.

That makes imported USA 50's less attractive to me, because '55-on Yank VWs never had them.:mellow:

pre67vw
13 years ago

That makes imported USA 50's less attractive to me, because '55-on Yank VWs never had them.:mellow:

Rattletrap wrote:

But they had those cool bullet indicators on the front wings, I love those. But I do know what you mean.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago

But they had those cool bullet indicators on the front wings, I love those. But I do know what you mean.

pre67vw wrote:

They're nice too, nicer than the orange winkers on top the front wings, 60s on I feel.

But the semaphores feel so ancient, their mechanical feel goes especially well with the feel of the all mechanical Standard model โ€“ just like a life-size clockwork toy car.:d

Andy Sparks
13 years ago
Spider will be driven whilst i sort out the tin, am looking for a 1955 pan i can put him on.

i do things right and part of the cars appeal are the semaphores, maybe a while till i can afford real ones, But does anyone know where that thread that showed you how to convert sedan ones is? Like i say it is finance, so may take a while to get back right, but it will get there eventually.

Thanks for the info on the car, will google it see what i can find.

Andy
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Spider will be driven whilst i sort out the tin, am looking for a 1955 pan i can put him onโ€ฆโ€ฆ

โ€ฆโ€ฆThanks for the info on the car, will google it see what i can find.

Andy

Andy Sparks wrote:

Great Andy, if I find more, I'll post it up.

Nice to see he's a boy, same as my Rattletrap. :d

69project
13 years ago

Spider will be driven whilst i sort out the tin, am looking for a 1955 pan i can put him on.

i do things right and part of the cars appeal are the semaphores, maybe a while till i can afford real ones, But does anyone know where that thread that showed you how to convert sedan ones is? Like i say it is finance, so may take a while to get back right, but it will get there eventually.

Thanks for the info on the car, will google it see what i can find.

Andy

Andy Sparks wrote:

guy called baysthil on vzi has a couple of oval chassis for sale,dont think they are cabrio though
Car less.....
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
https://vwlinkan.se/cab/cabrio/Semaphores.html 
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

guy called baysthil on vzi has a couple of oval chassis for sale,dont think they are cabrio though

69project wrote:

No difference except a "15" chassis number and no jacking points.
UserPostedImage
Andy Sparks
13 years ago

https://vwlinkan.se/cab/cabrio/Semaphores.html

JD wrote:

maybe time to bastardise a set of repro semaphores for the time being, cheers mate.

Thanks for the heads up on the chassis's