Localceleb49
9 years ago
Hi,

I was looking to start the process of getting the cable brake set-up re-instated on my 49' Standard over the weekend and stuck a camera down the chassis to get a picture to see what I was up against (couldn't physically see the inside hence the camera!).

Anyway, wondered if any of you guys could confirm that the bracket in the center of the picture is the point for attaching the spring for the foot push-rod. Do you think that it is in suitable condition to use?

Anyone know where I can get one of the springs that attach to it - there was a place in the Czech-republic that sell parts for Kubelwagens who have the spring but don't seem to want to do business 😞

Also, if any of you have a spare hand brake rod for a standard give me a shout... they seem to be like hens teeth to find.

Cheers for any advice.

UserPostedImage
1949 Standard Beetle
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
9 years ago

Hi,

I was looking to start the process of getting the cable brake set-up re-instated on my 49' Standard over the weekend and stuck a camera down the chassis to get a picture to see what I was up against (couldn't physically see the inside hence the camera!).

Anyway, wondered if any of you guys could confirm that the bracket in the center of the picture is the point for attaching the spring for the foot push-rod. Do you think that it is in suitable condition to use?

Anyone know where I can get one of the springs that attach to it - there was a place in the Czech-republic that sell parts for Kubelwagens who have the spring but don't seem to want to do business 😞

Also, if any of you have a spare hand brake rod for a standard give me a shout... they seem to be like hens teeth to find.

Cheers for any advice.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Localceleb49 

Yes, that little bracket is where you attach the spring.

Your spring is possibly still there dropped down inside the tunnel perhaps?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagebug
9 years ago
You could try these guys:-

Hans Schuckenboehmer:- [email protected]
https://www.peter-ebeling.de/ 
https://www.veteranen-service.de/d/kaefer.html 

I have no idea if they sell the spring that you're after, but they're probably worth a shot. Good luck!

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Localceleb49
9 years ago
Thanks for confirming, and I'll give those contacts a go. Most helpful.

Will keep you updated on any progress.

*Cheers*
1949 Standard Beetle