Standard split
14 years ago

I will scan it. Promise.:wink:

48REME wrote:

Cheers:!: :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
14 years ago
Here we go...On the back of the photo, I've got the following written:
1951 Standard, chassis no. 1 0 253 605, body no. 199081.
Is this data correct John?
It looks like it was photographed in a show, probably a long time ago...:wink:  GMO.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
14 years ago
Thanks Nocolas:beer:

As far as the chassis and body numbers go I'll need to check these.

They look familiar so I'd say they're correct.

A nice pic to add to GMO's history box, thanks 8)

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
heb623
14 years ago
Was that split involved in accident?:oops:

:twisted: (the mean one) ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Standard split
14 years ago

Was that split involved in accident?:oops:

:twisted: (the mean one) ET

heb623 wrote:

You tell me – was it :?:

The body's all straight :?

48REME
14 years ago
It is a bit of a scruffy old photo and it looks like the rear bumper is a bit bent downwards. That's why it may give the impression of having had a whack.
Standard split
14 years ago

It is a bit of a scruffy old photo and it looks like the rear bumper is a bit bent downwards. That's why it may give the impression of having had a whack.

48REME wrote:

I think that Mr Shaill later repaired the bumper mounting brackets.

They are fine on the car now :?
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

I have good news for you Nicolas, it's in my garage! :wink:

six-o-one wrote:

do you wanna sell? :d
VW Stan
14 years ago

do you wanna sell? :d

stu wrote:

No thanks! :d
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
48REME
14 years ago

No thanks! :d

VW Stan wrote:

Phew....what a relief! I was holding my breath here...:wink:
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

This is the one which was outside near the Restowagen line up at The Volksworld show.

The interior is in very good condition and all the standard spec bits looked like they are there, apart from the tunnel mat but it's got hydraulic brakes now and a narrowed beam.

six-o-one wrote:

nice car, shame about the wheels
pre67vw
14 years ago
Is this a standard? no chrome on the dash...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-beetle-1967 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
VW Stan
14 years ago

Is this a standard? no chrome on the dash...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-beetle-1967 

pre67vw wrote:

Yep, looks like a '67 Sparkäfer to me.

Anyone got a scrap 1303 they want to swap for this? :shock:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Gaz1
14 years ago

This is the one which was outside near the Restowagen line up at The Volksworld show.

The interior is in very good condition and all the standard spec bits looked like they are there, apart from the tunnel mat but it's got hydraulic brakes now and a narrowed beam.

six-o-one wrote:

That car is mine now,wasn't mine when those pics were taken and is more cal look now,i'm guessing a cal look car is not very popular around here:? i shall be keeping it in original colour and no chrome trim etc:d
losthillsguy
13 years ago
OK, here is my entry into the Big Window Standard topic.

This car has been in California since 1969. Imported by a military serviceman.
It's been painted, is rusty, doesn't not have the original seat covers or door panels.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Brian O'Kelly
California, USA
Central Coast Chapter, CA Vintage Volkswagen Club of America
pre67vw
13 years ago

OK, here is my entry into the Big Window Standard topic.

This car has been in California since 1969. Imported by a military serviceman.
It's been painted, is rusty, doesn't not have the original seat covers or door panels.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

losthillsguy wrote:

Another sunroof model, cool... :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago
I had an exact match to this car, 1966, same faded Sea Blue paint and an all-round big-window body. No sunroof, but with the Deluxe style 2-spoke steering wheel seen on late Deluxe ovals up to the 1958 Deluxe (again old '50s parts being used up by the factory on these 'cheaper' base cars).

These are not really a Standard model, but the base model known as the 1200A.:wink:

48REME
13 years ago

These are not really a Standard model, but the base model known as the 1200A.:wink:

Rattletrap wrote:

That's because they had stopped the crash gearbox and cable brakes in 1964, I think.
The terminology of a standard model with sunroof endured as 'type 115' though, just like mine.
Lovely car, I've seen a pic of it before, a very rare gem.
losthillsguy
13 years ago

Rattletrap wrote:

Yes and Yes:!: You are correct it's a 1200A:smile:
It's also a model 115 which happens to be a standard. double wink back at ya !! :wink: :wink:

The reason I'm fixing this one is because it has the sunroof which I've found to be fairly rare.

111 2 door Sedan; Standard Model LHD
112 2 door Sedan; Standard Model RHD
115 2 door Sedan; Standard Model LHD with sliding roof
116 2 door Sedan; Standard Model RHD with sliding roof
M1: 113 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model LHD
M1: 114 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model RHD
M1: 117 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model LHD with sliding roof
M1: 118 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model RHD with sliding roof
113 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model LHD
114 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model RHD
117 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model LHD with sliding roof
118 2 door Sedan; Deluxe Model RHD with sliding roof
151 4 seater Convertible LHD
152 4 seater Convertible RHD
153 4 seater Convertible LHD (US Model)

Here is a close up of the color paint used on the handles, hubcaps, bumpers, etc.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Brian O'Kelly
California, USA
Central Coast Chapter, CA Vintage Volkswagen Club of America
Rattletrap
13 years ago
This has been a subject aired on these forums nearly as much as Rattletrap.

I have always had a passion for the Standard model, which is infact the proper People's Car that Hitler and Porsche set out to create – a solid reliable basic low-cost car affordable by the people to replace their cycles, motorcycles and the like. I have been friends with Harvey Simpson for many years, a Standard model protagonist from way back before many here were born, and he says that 1963 was the last year of the Standard model. Hereinafter the market entry model of the Volkswagen actually was a base of the Deluxe model marketed as the 1200A. The owner's booklet that was still with my 1966 1200A described it as just that, no mention of Standard model. Painted interior door and window handles were used on the base model a lot later. I had a 1969 1200 with these handles.:wink: