Denbob
16 years ago

what a very bad news Christian! How things can happen to such nice people in such beautifull cars... got the news from Markus Lottermann last weekend... Will call You tomorrow for an update... i'm really shocked to see recovery people had to cut the roof to get your parents out so can only imagine how bad it is... We, at BBT, hope with all of us from the deepest from our heart that your parents can have a quick recovery...

Linda, Bob and the whole BBT crew.... :cry:
Innovate, don't duplicate, just keep that vintage Volkswagen faith.
kdf38
16 years ago
Christian,

I hope your parents are 100 percent recovered soon.

Mike

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
oldbug.com
16 years ago
OK...I have had the car advertised for one month at $95,000 US and have not had a single inquiry. The car came out nice...must be the price?

I would like to send it off to a new home this summer. Anyone care to give some input?
overrestored
16 years ago
I still have that Ghibli...hmmm. I'll throw in the Doka too... and some really nice skateboards you can sell to Ed Economy.

Eric
protect me from what I want
Tina
16 years ago
how much is the Ghibli ?
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
overrestored
16 years ago
Sorry... too late Tina... the Ghibli has already been sold. Had to make more room for my rat rod 88" Landrover project. It's being lowered 15 inches... custom frame... 5speed... Chevy V8. Should be fun when done.

This was the only project I could think of that was more punk than the lowered and chopped 42 Kublel 2110 we did a few years back.

Eric  11490.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
356boy
16 years ago
:shock: :twisted:
Tina
16 years ago

Huuuuhh, the Europeans hate chopped cars, they believe ONLY in
the originality of cars.................
thx GOD we are AMERICANS dear Eric, i would chop everything
😃 😃 😃
except my HUSBAND MARK THE SHARK 😃 😃 😃
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Speak for yourself.
That Landy will be great.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oldbug.com
16 years ago
The Land Rover will be cool to be sure...I like the photo of it in the rough...should be a blast.

The Ghibli looked fun too.

My latest off-project is a 55 Studebaker Truck.
Havent decided what to do with it though...Im picking it up from the mechanic this week...all new brakes and now running, etc...so now I can have some fun.

And for some reason a Toyota Prius with a Notchback body on it keeps coming into my mind...my inner tree hugger at work I guess.
overrestored
16 years ago
I think a prius with a big block... and dual quads on top of a cross ram sticking out of the hood would be good... tubbed with mickey thompson cheater slicks in back.

Take that baby out to the green festival and recycle some rubber.

E
Tina
16 years ago
and a big block like this one !  11552.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
356boy
16 years ago

I think a prius with a big block... and dual quads on top of a cross ram sticking out of the hood would be good... tubbed with mickey thompson cheater slicks in back.

Take that baby out to the green festival and recycle some rubber.

E

"overrestored" wrote:

update on the landy 😃
oldbug.com
16 years ago
Eric...that is funny stuff!
I can just picture it...big ol blower hanging out the Prius hood and tubbed in back with big ol slicks and wheelie bars! :twisted:

You could put sponsorship logos from lumber mills and anything toxic. :lol:

Back a bit on topic...Im starting to get soft on the price on the Rometsch...any interested parties care to make me an offer?

I would like to see it down the road before one of my kids drops a bike on it or somthing!

overrestored
16 years ago
Randy... I have not seen your Lawrence. How do you think it compares to the other restored Lawrence models out there?

From the looks of it in the photos I am guessing it may be the best resto of a late model. If it truly is done as a concours type resto we should try to get it invited to that same 2009 Amelia Island event. But it needs to be a perfect car as it will be inspected by SERIOUS judges. Every aspect of the car must stand up to the highest scrutiny.

My beeskow lost points at Carmel for wrong fuel line clamps... wrong electrical relay on the fog lights... a dim brake light on the drivers side... and the fact that the hood springs don't hold up the hood very well. That is why Dick got first and that Gullwing got second. These guys are thorough judges.

They are looking for about 8 coachbuilt cars minimum. They want the cars that nobody has seen... ie Rometsch, Waibel, Wendler, Beutler, Dannenhauer and Stauss, Hebmuller, etc.

I realize that you are trying to sell the car... it wouldn't hurt if the new owner were already invited to show it at one of the most prestigious concours events in the world.

356boy
16 years ago
but if someone from europe bought it... :roll:
1965VwNB
16 years ago

Sorry... too late Tina... the Ghibli has already been sold. Had to make more room for my rat rod 88" Landrover project. It's being lowered 15 inches... custom frame... 5speed... Chevy V8. Should be fun when done.

This was the only project I could think of that was more punk than the lowered and chopped 42 Kublel 2110 we did a few years back.

Eric

"overrestored" wrote:

wow i never see this land rover 88 . i cant wait see this when it is done..........
www.deafvolks.com
oldbug.com
16 years ago
The Lawrence is nice but not perfect. They would rip it apart in a concours level event...it still needs some finishing touches in my opinion.

I will have it at the So Cal Treffen for all to see.
oldbug.com
16 years ago
I am really suprised how little serious interest there has been in the Rometsch. I keep dropping the price down...how low must I go to sell it?
pre67vw
16 years ago

how low must I go to sell it?

"oldbug.com" wrote:

very low... slammed... on earlies :?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW