vintagevw
15 years ago
I've started to mount the new carpets from René van Brunschot in Holland.
https://www.kevermagazijn.nl/ 
The zwitter heater knob was missing but found it back together in a box with the correct speedo.
It is still in very good condition.:d  Afbeelding 1004.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1007.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1006.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
vintagevw
15 years ago
I've asked to Wolfgang Gips in Germany if he could make also the firewall cardboard and he will.
It is the same material as the front trunk cardboard.
I still had the original one.
I guess the oval verts would have the same ones, maybe with exeption of some wirehole cuttings.  Afbeelding.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I've worked a little futher on the carpets now.
It is almost finished.
One carpet left.
Has some new simili leather on the rear seat bar and some new rings.  Afbeelding 1031.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1030.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1029.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Rear side windows are installed.
If you install aluminium windows use some ducktape to protect the aluminium, otherwise you will have sratches.:idea:  Afbeelding 1028.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Rear vieuw mirror is cleaned and polished.
Also the correct vert sunvisors where still there! :d
Drivers side one and passengers small one where still in good condition.
Expensive things when you have to buy them.
If someone needs a pair I have NOS ones. :idea: :d
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=741346   Afbeelding 1026.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Found some correct split-zwitter floormats in my garage, I didn't knew that I had them!:d
They arent perfect but good enough for a cheap daily driver. :lol:
I still need a drivers side brown floormat or a complete set, does someone have that?  Afbeelding 1048.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1051.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
15 years ago

I've asked to Wolfgang Gips in Germany if he could make also the firewall cardboard and he will.
It is the same material as the front trunk cardboard.
I still had the original one.
I guess the oval verts would have the same ones, maybe with exeption of some wirehole cuttings.

vintagevw wrote:

Hey pascal !

I need front and rear cardboard aswell, can you order a set for me?
And I'm interested in your NOS sunvisors, if the price is not to high !
I hope you remember the semaphore lens and a few other things that you bought from me in the past ! :wink: Please Send me a mail or a pm about the prices !!
Thanks in advance !

Guido
vintagevw
15 years ago
Look what I found in my treasurebox! :lol:
NOS trimms and clips.
Enough clips for about 15 cars. :lol:  Afbeelding 1063.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1064.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1065.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1066.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Trimms are mounted and also the rear window timms and seals.  Afbeelding 1068.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Thats what I like to see... Dirt under the nails, the sign of a true workman!:lol: :wink:

Great work, as usual!:d :beer:

UserPostedImage
William
vintagevw
15 years ago

Thats what I like to see... Dirt under the nails, the sign of a true workman!:lol: :wink:

Great work, as usual!:d :beer:

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie wrote:

I just maked them dirty to show the clips! :lol:
Thanks! :d
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Pascal,

Looks great, I finaly found a picture from my mirror in a brochure :d
Are you going to NINOVE?? Then I could take that pliers with me that you need for your rubbers !
Could you take a sample with you from the rubber that Heikki made !
Somebody told me there is a litlle different between split and zwitter rubbers :roll:
The original rubbers are still on my car so I could check that !
I'll remove a Window scraper this week , and check what it will cost to reproduce these !
Would these also be correct for oval cabrio? Don't tell me its a zwitter only rubber?:twisted:
Could you post a picture from the back side from your mirror ?
Yes I know, A lot of questions:roll:

Thanks,

Guido
vintagevw
15 years ago
Hi Guido,
Yes I'm going to Ninove.
I'll took a picture of my rear vieuw mirror.
The mirror is not the same as a normal beetle but much more rounded.
I've inspected my original roofrubbers and there is no diffrence between mine and the ones from Heikki.
Even in an early partsbook there are no diffrent numbers between split and zwitter vert roofrubbers.
The windowscrapers are the same zwitter and oval verts till august 1955 that's for sure.
I have to check in a later parts list book but I guess they will be the same till 1957.
The wedges are also the same as oval verts till august 1955.
I'm sure thee is a market for becouse nobody is making them correct!
Here you have some pictures of the rear vieuw mirror, roofrubbers and windowscrapers.
The left mirror is the vert one.
The windowscrapers are much more rounded ten the repro's, the originals have the correct shape of the body and the repro's don't.... 😳  Afbeelding 1069.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1072.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1073.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Thanks for posting the pictures Pascal !
So I take that pliers with me to Ninove !
IMO, there are a few small differences in the L profile rubbers that you are showing in the picture, just like a friend told me , I think those repro window scrapers you have there, will not fit like it should be on your car, take all those rubbers with you , so we can check them together in a pub in Ninove with a few Duvels on the table ! ! Don't forget the sunvisor !
Now I'm 100% sure I'll make the window scrapers for zwitters and ovals !
Maybe also the window scrapers for split beetles (sedan) somebody told me that the rubbers I made for the hood and decklid are also correct window scrapers for split beetles :?: :?: :?: ! But ET was giving me an in his opinion original scraper, and that rubber was not showing the 3 lines and was also a litlle wider ! So I'm still looking for the correct profil for these rubbers !

Cu,

Guido
55Kab
15 years ago
Oh man, looking at that photo above, you gotta replace the outer hood Pascal :!: .

I know you're making her a kind of daily driver but you made such a fantastic job of everything else the original top looks totally out of place IMHO.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Oh man, looking at that photo above, you gotta replace the outer hood Pascal :!: .

I know you're making her a kind of daily driver but you made such a fantastic job of everything else the original top looks totally out of place IMHO.

55Kab wrote:

Can see your point but I still love it! Gives a it a bit of a history and makes it look distinguished!:wink:
William
vintagevw
15 years ago

Can see your point but I still love it! Gives a it a bit of a history and makes it look distinguished!:wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

Thanks!
At some point you have to make a decision, and there is another car waiting, and my money machine is just broken, damned!:lol:
Also the interior will stay... I mean the saets.
The carpets where too far gone.
The frame will be painted soon.... :d
David
15 years ago
Wow you have done a great job of not only the restoration, but the documentation/pics is amazing too!

Keep it up! 🙂
Cheers,
Dave
*October '54 Ragtop
heb623
15 years ago

Don't forget the sunvisor !
Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Guido don't forget![-x
If the sun visor is a split sun visor it is mine!!!:roll:
Pascal promissed me already to watch out for one!:p
OK or not OK that is the question?:oops:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Guido don't forget![-x
If the sun visor is a split sun visor it is mine!!!:roll:
Pascal promissed me already to watch out for one!:p
OK or not OK that is the question?:oops:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

I have a split sunvisor for you crook :roll: !
The price:?: , well that depends on what I have to pay for Pascals sunvisor :lol: :lol: !

Guido the evil one !!:twisted: