Bengt H
15 years ago
I think BBT has them.
vintagevw
15 years ago
BBT is not having them at the moment but will be soon available.
I bought them for my 1955 vert that I've sold 3 years ago.  Afbeelding 085.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
vintagevw
15 years ago
Runningboards are mounted!  Afbeelding 1596.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I got my rear engine cardboard from Wolfgang Gips in Germany.
I signed my old one on a carboard and sended it to him, he has done nice work.
I also bought the front trunk one from him... :d  Afbeelding 1585.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1586.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1589.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1588.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1592.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I know some people won't like this but I used a NOS 30 HP engine for the car.
I used also a NOS one for my 1955 oval and it drives superb, believe me.:d
Don't worry I have a 1952 25 HP engine but don't have the time to redone that engine, if I have more free time it will becomes OK!:d
I still had some parts of the original 25 HP engine but the original 25 engine is gone a long time go....
Some parts are not correct for the engine but it looks very 25 HP :lol:
So don't shoot me!:lol:  Afbeelding 1574.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1575.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1576.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1595.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
THEBOFFIN
15 years ago
Hey Pascal

engine and car look great!:lol:

keep up the photos/thread updates, can't wait to see it when it's finished..will yu be bringing it over to the uk at the next lavenham show?

cheers
adam

p.s..your welder in the pic is identical to mine!!

54 Gertie
15 years ago
Very, very clean! 😎

That looks like a NOS 28 PCI! :shock: We have a few here but they all have the worn casing where the throttle goes in! :roll: Going to look into making something on the lathe to fix it but having a nice one to start with would be lovely! :roll: :lol:
William
vintagevw
15 years ago
I guess the car will be ready for the next Lavenham, even if it is next year! :lol: :beer:
Yesterday I placed the engine.
Not that easy when you have to do it alone.... :d but it has worked with shouting H*ll and D*evill :lol:  Afbeelding 1598.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
reminou75
15 years ago
wow... awesome... :oops:
would you bring it for the vintage display of the French Super VW??? :d
vintagevw
15 years ago

wow... awesome... :oops:
would you bring it for the vintage display of the French Super VW??? :d

reminou75 wrote:

It depends how long I stay.
Maybe I come for one day but it could be also for the week-end.....
Paris is dangerous to drive trough with semaphores!
reminou75
15 years ago

Maybe I come for one day but it could be also for the week-end.....
Paris is dangerous to drive trough with semaphores!

vintagevw wrote:

The later in the season, the more luck to have a nice weather...

Paris dangerous with semaphores??? Just give me a call when you arrive in the area, and we'll do a mini-convoy to Thenay!!! I'll show you how to drive with cable brakes, non synchro and semaphores in Paris!!! :lol:

Joke out, if you want to do the trip with me from Paris, no problem.
vintagebug
15 years ago
Hi Pascal,

I've sent you a PM :d

Cheers,

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
vintagevw
15 years ago
After a lot of research the electrical problem is solved.
The fusebox was not the correct one.... 😞 after spending a lot of ours my mate Sidney found it out and solved the problem.
I'm still looking for a correct lightswitch for zwitter and early oval as on the picture..
Someone haves it?
Thanks.
The engine is running and all the electric things are working... :d
 Afbeelding 1607.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vicious cycle
14 years ago
:?: I noticed the note in the dashboard post ," that the starter button hole was too big".
In my early Zwitter Cab the starter button is the same size/type as the one on my '52 standard, Ivory instead of black.
The button on my later Zwitter Cab is the smaller common aluminum type.
Have you ever seen the larger split button in the Zwitters before?
My cars are original as far as I can tell..

David
mrsherbie
14 years ago

I know some people won't like this but I used a NOS 30 HP engine for the car.
I used also a NOS one for my 1955 oval and it drives superb, believe me.:d
Don't worry I have a 1952 25 HP engine but don't have the time to redone that engine, if I have more free time it will becomes OK!:d
I still had some parts of the original 25 HP engine but the original 25 engine is gone a long time go....
Some parts are not correct for the engine but it looks very 25 HP :lol:
So don't shoot me!:lol:

vintagevw wrote:

:lol:

I cannot agree more, if you have a NOS engine then use it! My 50 has a nos industrial Swedish army engine 34hp! but with mushroom filter and lots of the nice 50 parts fitted to it also and we have a nos 356 industrial to fit in Owens 50, and just fitted a nos 356 engine into our 356 last year, nothing beats the wonderful as new power and drive and peace of mind! and yes we have the original knackered old stock engines in the garage collecting dust for the 'maybe in the future' event also :lol:

I love this thread :beer: :d

(I will get Owen to see if we have one of those switches)

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
vintagevw
14 years ago

:?: I noticed the note in the dashboard post ," that the starter button hole was too big".
In my early Zwitter Cab the starter button is the same size/type as the one on my '52 standard, Ivory instead of black.
The button on my later Zwitter Cab is the smaller common aluminum type.
Have you ever seen the larger split button in the Zwitters before?
My cars are original as far as I can tell..

David

vicious cycle wrote:

Hi David, show some pictures of your starter buttons. 🙂
vintagevw
14 years ago

:lol:

I cannot agree more, if you have a NOS engine then use it! My 50 has a nos industrial Swedish army engine 34hp! but with mushroom filter and lots of the nice 50 parts fitted to it also and we have a nos 356 industrial to fit in Owens 50, and just fitted a nos 356 engine into our 356 last year, nothing beats the wonderful as new power and drive and peace of mind! and yes we have the original knackered old stock engines in the garage collecting dust for the 'maybe in the future' event also :lol:

I love this thread :beer: :d

(I will get Owen to see if we have one of those switches)

mrsherbie wrote:

Hi Anna,
Thanks for the kind words!
I will restore once my 1952 engine but that would take too much time (and money :d ) now to rebuild and restore it....
And a NOS engine is so great to drive... :)
I found the correct switch in Hannover this friday.
And some other parts too.
Every year it is less and less but still worth to go there.
It will be quiet next week, I will refresh and repaint my daughters "teenage" bedroom...
Then I will move on!
reminou75
14 years ago
any news from your resto Pascal?...

Ready for the French Super VW? :lol:

vintagevw
14 years ago
I did found the correct light switch finally..... in USA.
But it is at least working! :beer:
Original exhaust is installed...
When the engine was installed I saw that my rear side was lowered! :twisted:
I will comes OK!:wink:
 Afbeelding 076.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 077.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 075.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
I've installed the door and roofrubbers from Heikki.
I got a special "rubberknife" from Guido and that was already a good start.
To have the rubber slashed I used a small polish machine and used sandingpaper on it (P320)
The rear roofrubber was nailed on both sides becouse they are fixed at the wooden part...
The rubber who's on the frame is screwed.  Afbeelding 1640.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1637.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.