overrestored
16 years ago
found this shot on Flickr

don't know about this car.

or is a car we know about... with a new paint job.??

It was tagged with Portland... is it perhaps in Oregon?

protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
overrestored
16 years ago
I sent a message off to the owner of the shop this photo was taken in... I will advise when and if they call back with whatever info I get.

I am guessing that car used to be white... and is a known car. Seems odd that it would be an entirely new car...

SplitPersonality
16 years ago
Very well spotted and very interesting Eric!

Well - we know of two in Oregon, both are sort of in resto, and sort of out of the "mainstream" - so my guess is that this is one of the two. If the comments around the photo are correct and it is a '57 - then it is the latter of the two in Oregon. The '56 is/was white, I am not sure what color the '57 up there had/has...

Keep us posted Eric.
overrestored
16 years ago
The fellow restoring this car has given me his number... I will call him tomorrow. I have a bit of a chest cold at the moment and sound like Issac Hayes.

'50 Karmann
16 years ago

I have a bit of a chest cold at the moment and sound like Issac Hayes.

"overrestored" wrote:

Sing him the "theme from Shaft",Eric.
That will win him over,great music.
overrestored
16 years ago
Today I spoke with Guy. The fellow restoring the car. (not the owner) He confirmed it was a 1957... and originally red so far as he knows. It was hit hard in the front at one point... and repaired. The engine is an okrasa which they are just about to install. They have been working on the car for many years.

The big problem... THEY NEED A WINDSHIELD! ouch. (Here is another guy who will jump in if Gilles ever gets a windshield supplier figured out)

He will get me the owners name after getting permission... as well as the body number.

They are also after an exterior door handle... and a clock.

Anyone have any ideas for these parts?
overrestored
16 years ago
oh yes... Guy said that the car used to be owned by some country western singer!

Now I am dying to know who that singer was...

Perhaps they sang songs of the "Ghost towns Ruby and Bodi"

Tina would have a field day with that.

SplitPersonality
16 years ago
Very impressive - very interesting!

Three cars in Oregon...waas there ever a dealer up there?

Keep us posted Eric!

Ext handles are Mercedes and "easy"...clock is impossible....windshields are NOT Goliath.

overrestored
16 years ago
This car is already in the registry. The current owner has owned it over 25 years. still nice to see it... but not as nice as discovering a new beeskow not on our list.

This car is body 259... from 1957... when they were making Beeskows for the US... and Lawrences for Europe.
SplitPersonality
16 years ago
Very good info Eric... the country singer history, and the picture itself. It is the first official picture of #259. Very nice. In our Registry we have this one down as sporting a Denzel-engine...I see the upholstery guy says it is an Okrasa...what would be correct? Fantastic car, fantastic picture. The color is sort of like the as-found color of your car Eric...a couldhavebe that never happened. Keep it up!
SplitPersonality
16 years ago
Any chance of getting the VIN Eric?
overrestored
16 years ago
I have asked for the vin, the name of the country western singer, some more photos, and about the engine.

We'll see.

overrestored
16 years ago
Oystein... you are correct... the damn thing has a Denzel motor.

I have the vin now... email me outside this forum and I'll get it to you.