overrestored
14 years ago
I drove back from Monterey and the Pebble Beach Week today in the Okrasa powered Beeskow... averaged about 70-75mph... for the two hour run... with a couple of forays into the mid 80's. The car ran great until about 15 miles from home... where it started to stumble... oops... out of gas! So as I am in the fast lane... attempting to pass a Ford whilst running out of gas... they are slowing down with me to get a look at the car.. and I can't pull over! So the entire freeway has to slow down to 35mph until the truck realizes that I want to get over. Meanwhile... I am reaching down under the dash... trying to flip the reserve lever and finally get it flipped as I pull in behind the Ford. Most of the freeway is mad at me by now... Anyway... the reserve kicked in... and all was well... so back out into the fast lane... and off we go. Made it home and put 8.8 gallons in! I think there was a teacup of fuel in the tank when we got to the station.

Note to self... Okrasas at speed burn more fuel.

protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
:lol:

Great little story!

mrsherbie
14 years ago
:lol:

Note to self... Okrasas at speed burn more fuel.

overrestored wrote:

That is quote of the month! :lol:

My partner hates how I love the thrill of driving around in my daily running on a smell to see how low I can get the needle for days on end. Especially when he uses it and every time its empty :lol: ( But I get told off and that its a common woman thing?! )

BUT! I have never run out of petrol in ANY car, other than my 50 on its first 2 trips. ( so he bought me a pre55 fuel dipstick that Christmas)
But I thought the petrol in my car was magic like the little porridge pot?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
69project
14 years ago
i constantly stress abt petrol going empty so then stop and then curse myself when only ten pounds goes in!
Car less.....
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

i constantly stress abt petrol going empty so then stop and then curse myself when only ten pounds goes in!

69project wrote:

Me too! I do try to avoid that horrible feeling you get when you hit reserve though!! I´m never 100% sure that I can get the motor lit again before coming to a standstill.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
brille52
14 years ago
These times are gone !! :d
With this fuel-clock in my car, MY LIFE HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED !! :lol: :wink:
Great story !!

a8)  Hessisch Oldendorf 2009 366.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
reminou75
14 years ago

These times are gone !! :d
With this fuel-clock in my car, MY LIFE HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED !! :lol: :wink:
Great story !!

a8)

brille52 wrote:

8) ultimate accessory... 😎
overrestored
14 years ago
I have one of those Fuel guages... and the sending unit etc... NOS in the box in my garage for about 20 years... I suppose I should "bite the bullet" and drill the dash for it. It even includes a template for drilling etc... albeit for a beetle not a Beeskow.

protect me from what I want