johnshenry
15 years ago
Looks like I'll be going to that show in '09, anyone have any recommendations for hotels? Also hotels near BBT in Belgium? I'll be flying to Brussels and driving in the caravan to the show at HO.

JH
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Looks like I'll be going to that show in '09, anyone have any recommendations for hotels? Also hotels near BBT in Belgium? I'll be flying to Brussels and driving in the caravan to the show at HO.

JH

johnshenry wrote:

Hi John,

Welcome, here is a link for hotels near Brecht (Sint Job-in het Goor) BBT location !!

Hotels near BBT 
Hessisch Hotels are full !!
I can ask the hotelmanager where I have a room , if they have any rooms available !
I found a room arround 7 miles from Hessisch !

Regards,

Guido

johnshenry
15 years ago
What town is your hotel in Guido??
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Our Hotel is in Kleinenwieden (Hessisch oldendorf)
Here is a link to that hotel !!
Hotel Hessisch 2009 

Maybe you can find a hotel in this very nice town near HO
HAMELN 

Guido
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
John, This is a popular Hotel for BBT. It's about 3 miles from BBT and you'll have no trouble booking a room at this time or early in the New Year: Hotel Dennenhof 

John.
reminou75
15 years ago
But did you book in Belgium for the night thursday/friday, or wednesday/thursday?

When is the convoy, as it's a very long way?
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I think the convoy is on friday ??
Theursday open door at BBT ??

heb623
15 years ago

JH

johnshenry wrote:

ET contacted Hotel Garni Weserlounge in Kleinenwieden and has a bad news!
No more rooms available over there for the weekend of H.O.2009!![-x
ET has reserved all the left over free rooms in the bed and breakfast for his dearest friends Guido and Josche, Ralf and Erika, Dave and Jean and ofcourse himself!:lol:
However the people overthere promised me if there came a room vacant that they would notify me!!
As soon as this happens I will tell!!:wink:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Bjoern
15 years ago
After all rooms are sold out your next step might be to find a room in "Rintln" - a historical city rond about 19 minutes by car in the west of Hessisch Oldendorf. On their website you can find this room-locator:

Roioms in Rinteln 
reminou75
15 years ago
The Swedes hotel is already full!!!
So, if you need one, there are still some rooms available here:

https://www.rattenfaengerhotel.de/ 

It's only 11 km from H.O.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

The Swedes hotel is already full!!!
So, if you need one, there are still some rooms available here:

https://www.rattenfaengerhotel.de/ 

It's only 11 km from H.O.

reminou75 wrote:

Oh, the "Rat catcher hotel". Sounds delightful!:d
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
johnshenry
15 years ago
Well, I still haven't found a Hotel in/near HO (haven't really been trying actually....!). Thanks for all the links, but I have difficulty with the language and don't always understand where on the sites I can inquire about the availability of rooms.

I tried travelocity.com which I have used in the past for European Hotels, but "We're sorry but we cannot identify the location that you entered.".

Does anyone know of any english hotel listing websites that might show rooms and allow me to make a reservation?

OR, anyone know of a hotel near HO that HAS rooms available? (Its been months since I posted this originally). I'm not picky about a room....

Thanks in advance..

John H
johnshenry
15 years ago
Ok, after posting that, I figure out that if I actually SPELL Hessich Oldendorf right, Travelocity will find me hotel rooms in the area.

I booked a room at the Mercure in Hameln. I have stayed at that chain before, and paid a little bit more for a room I can cancel with no fee up until 6pm the night of the first stay (in case I find something better).

Looking on Mapquest, it appears it is amybe 12-14 kms from HO. And I see railway tracks.

Does anyone know if a train runs between those towns? If so, do they have a website with schedules. I may be driving a vintage VW that is not mine, so I do not presume that the owner would want me to drive it to Hameln for the evenings.

Thanks...
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
Check your inbox here John. The tourist office are very helpful...ask nicely and they'll even book the train.:wink:
John.
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Ok, after posting that, I figure out that if I actually SPELL Hessich Oldendorf right, Travelocity will find me hotel rooms in the area.

I booked a room at the Mercure in Hameln. I have stayed at that chain before, and paid a little bit more for a room I can cancel with no fee up until 6pm the night of the first stay (in case I find something better).

Looking on Mapquest, it appears it is amybe 12-14 kms from HO. And I see railway tracks.

Does anyone know if a train runs between those towns? If so, do they have a website with schedules. I may be driving a vintage VW that is not mine, so I do not presume that the owner would want me to drive it to Hameln for the evenings.

Thanks...

johnshenry wrote:

John,

There are a lot off people staying in hotels in Hameln, I know for sure , you can have a lift till HO from any of these guy's, last time I also had a room in Hameln, There was a group Mexican people traveling with a privat bus to HO ! I would not worry about that, otherwise , you give me a call , and I'll pick you up there every morning !!

Regards,

Guido
Etzhold1
15 years ago
double post

69project
15 years ago
why not just camp like the rest of us poor people?
Car less.....
Bjoern
15 years ago
Here is a nice Motel which has actually some free rooms for a good price. It is direkctly at the A2 Autobahn, round about 10 minutes from here to Hessisch Oldendorf by a 24,5 hp-Volkswagen...

Hotel Montana 

UserPostedImage