54 Gertie
15 years ago

Personally I have never been able to understand a SINGLE thing in a Haynes manual! :lol: all that multi-year stuff is a nightmare! :shock:

mrsherbie wrote:

Yeah I struggle sometimes! :wink: I find it amazing that they can make a manual from 54-79 and making a 1/4 of the size of an original manual that would cover about a three year gap!:lol:
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Chris I expect you have passed this info already but maybe there is something here of use, I just took pics of a few things I thought relevant. Hopefully someone will post who has had the same problem.
The car used in this section is a 55-57 non heart oval so should be the right car.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Under this pic it says that these measurements are critical for closing the hood and must be correct

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
55Kab
15 years ago
Here's the photos Chris sent me overnight.

He says he's going to send some better photos at the weekend. Having looked at these, I can't wait! She looks fantastic Chris!:wink:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
VW Stan
15 years ago
Is That Ford Electric/Monza Blue from the 70s?

:shock:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
pre67vw
15 years ago
looks a bit like an 80's cal-looker :shock: He could park it next to yours Malc :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
VW Stan
15 years ago

looks a bit like an 80's cal-looker :shock: He could park it next to yours Malc :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

That's just what I was thinkin'! :wink:

n637147841_533281_620.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Chris Meintjes
15 years ago
Thank you MsHerbie for the copies, appreciate the effort thus far. I am still not a lot closer to the riddle, bit also note that they make mention of some spacing methods, and that the roof tend to arch more with a new top cover ( I must add that the old cover were vinal, not the proper stuff) and that could have coused the roof to engage at in increased arc than the free frame at present, will check as i progress with roof.

To the vw Mathematician, VW Stan , I was also a purist (51 RHD Split, 53 LHD Sunroof Std Split) i got a live afterwards, and started liking myself with the car, not that car on a photo alone. Your opion being you own, honered and noted x nuthing!
tx
Chris
GKL 7
15 years ago

To the vw Mathematician, VW Stan , I was also a purist (51 RHD Split, 53 LHD Sunroof Std Split) i got a live afterwards, and started liking myself with the car, not that car on a photo alone. Your opion being you own, honered and noted x nuthing!

Chris Meintjes wrote:

Someone please tell me i'm reading this all wrong.
VW Stan
15 years ago

tx
Chris

Chris Meintjes wrote:

Chris, thats just my signature (a quote from the TV series Firefly) not a reference to your car! The blue 1968 Call look beetle with the Porsche wheels in my post above is one of my cars, and I was just wondering if it is the same colour as your 1957 convertible?

Mine is painted a Ford colour from the 1970s called Electric or Monza blue...

:roll: