55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
One for Rob really.

Any chance Rob you can add a "Post your photos here" as a topic on it's own? I think it would be a good idea as there's some cool photos that people have posted up on all the threads but no where to go to where photos on their own could be posted.

I've got a lot of photos of standard/vintage UK VW's but I only get to post them when replying or starting a new thread.

Reason I was thinking of this was I've just come across couple pics of 42 BXA I took at the Hall some years back and will post in the thread discussing that car but it would be good if I could post some more where it's limited to photos and discussion only.

What do you and others think?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
We've got some old photos of our 55 from the 70s and 80s!

Ill try to get them on later!:wink:
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Right, as promised....:wink:

This was taken in 1972 at Sandringham. The women is the photo is Mrs Perham!

UserPostedImage

This was Gertie in 73 on the Motorail in Totnes, Devon! According to a letter from the owner at this time to a a later owner they had been on a holiday in Devon and she never once let them down "Up and down them 'ills":lol: (his words!:wink: )

UserPostedImage

All of these next photos were taken in France around 1986, shortly before she was resprayed! A few months after she was resprayed she was sold to a guy that put her straight into his barn, where she stayed from 87 to 2008:wink:

At Vanfest last year we were found by the people who owned her from 81 to 87! They then sent us these pictures!:d

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
William
RoRoVw
15 years ago
What great period photos!
A real window on to Gertie's past.
Very nice!
54 Gertie
15 years ago

What great period photos!
A real window on to Gertie's past.
Very nice!

RoRoVw wrote:

Cheers Rob!

I scanned in the 72 one at Sandringham to such a high quality much PC often crashes trying to open it!:lol:

You can see so much detail, especially when you think that it is a tiny 40 year old photo!:wink:

I even zoomed in enough to check that she had the correct Wolfsburg crest!:wink:
William
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Great pictures! It's so nice to have that history with the car, especially as its a UK one.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Great pictures! It's so nice to have that history with the car, especially as its a UK one.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Yeah! You'd be amazed just how much we got with the car!

ALL that is missing is the bloody original bill of sale!:evil: :roll: :cry:

So frustrating!:wink:

Its also nice that she has never seemingly been just a "car", she has been a member of the family!:d
William
GKL 7
15 years ago
😎 piccies
I love brown ovals.
Show us more Pls.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

8) piccies
I love brown ovals.
Show us more Pls.

'50 Karmann wrote:

With Pleasure........:lol:

I find some.....:wink:
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Did someone say pictures!

(btw she now has a hubcap and the heart lights are getting sorted soon!:wink: )

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Her in the barn!:d

UserPostedImage

I may have some more but I have surprisingly few! :cry:
William
GKL 7
15 years ago
Chris
15 years ago

One for Rob really.

Any chance Rob you can add a "Post your photos here" as a topic on it's own? I think it would be a good idea as there's some cool photos that people have posted up on all the threads but no where to go to where photos on their own could be posted.

What do you and others think?

55Kab wrote:

I quite like the idea. We all like looking at old photos and we'd have somewhere to show of our pride & joy..... (obviously not mine before you all start)

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

(obviously not mine before you all start)

Chris wrote:

Why not?:wink: Im still yet to see the other SDV!:lol:
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago

I quite like the idea. We all like looking at old photos and we'd have somewhere to show of our pride & joy..... (obviously not mine before you all start)

Chris wrote:

YES! WE DEMAND UPDATED PICTURES!

UserPostedImage

(thats a cool site thanks! :lol: )
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago

YES! WE DEMAND UPDATED PICTURES!

UserPostedImage

(thats a cool site thanks! :lol: )

mrsherbie wrote:

I have got an old b/w picture of it at a show in the 80s! If Chris agrees I will post it!:wink:

William
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Sorry Chris, couldnt resist posting them....

If you want them taking down I will more than happily remove them!:d

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
William
GKL 7
15 years ago
Believe me it does'nt look that good anymore.
It's mid restoration.
GKL 7
15 years ago
Will this do....the day it was finished....  rsz_DSCN2549.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
I've got some dodgy pics of some of the cars I used to own back in the 90s

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

Thats beautiful Rich!:beer:

TWO BSL cars?:wink:

William