AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
Some nice photos of the front wings on 38s also look at that bonnet handle  38 n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  38b.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  38j.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  38m.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  38o.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  38v.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Old Blue
10 years ago
Reg number 43016 has a different bonnet handle to 43006.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
I'd like to look behind the spare tyre, it looks like a flat piece of sheetmetal is there?
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
Rattletrap
10 years ago

I'd like to look behind the spare tyre, it looks like a flat piece of sheetmetal is there?

Originally Posted by: Piet 

I doubt that these pre-production cars were the same there as the regular KdFs.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Looking under the bonnet i wonder if it is a piece of bodywork or something just sat there. If you look at the other side further back you can see a cylinder or some thing on top of were the petrol tank would sit on later cars.

Andy W
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Is it the clock or measuring device you mean Andy?
Proost! Peter.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Arrrrrrrr a measuring device yes that's the one :thumbup: I now seem to remember seeing a very early taxi with something like that under the bonnet.

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago

Arrrrrrrr a measuring device yes that's the one :thumbup: I now seem to remember seeing a very early taxi with something like that under the bonnet.

Andy W

Originally Posted by: AW 

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Nice shot, thanks!
But this is what i thought it would look like behind the tyre...  43009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Proost! Peter.
Undis
10 years ago
A piece of cardboard (same material as trunk liner) was used behind the spare wheel to eliminate at least some of the dust getting into the luggage area. In some photos of the VW38 cars it is seen installed, in some not.

The pull-type of bonnet handle must have been such a flimsy design that on some of the VW38 cars it was later changed to the better known L handle and the later cars in the '38 series had the L handle already from the factory.