lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

Buy it!! Saw her live a little while back, fantastic. Although I'm a bit biased because her husband and guitarist is an old school friend. :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

Bought it...on Amazon. I saw her on Jools Holland and thought she was a talented lady.8)
John.
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
How many people on the clapped out Beetle Rob...was it a record?
John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago

How many people on the clapped out Beetle Rob...was it a record?

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

87 people, a new Volksworld show record :shock:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
LoveBug
15 years ago

cool, maybe we need a secret pre '67 handshake?

pre67vw wrote:

im working on it dad. :wink:
My Dad needs a Hebmuller ;D
im quite obsessed with herbie..
Richard
15 years ago

I think it is interesting that of the 3 earliest beetles in the show ( I am assuming as I was'nt there) :

50, 51 & 53, all of them are Swedish, and all are tintops that have had golde sunroofs let in. Also the beige split that was parked outside is a Swedish car too!

mrsherbie wrote:

Mine is an original sunroof, it's not been let in 😞
What made you think it wasn't original? i'd be interested to know.

I know what you meen about cars coming from Sweeden, it did make me think twice about buying it.

Would be good to get a pic, like you said.
paulbugman
15 years ago
cheers for pic of my ambulance in your pics pre67vw
mrsherbie
15 years ago

I know what you meen about cars coming from Sweeden, it did make me think twice about buying it.

Richard wrote:

no sorry! I forgot about yours when I typed that, I was'nt including it in those 3! its a lovely swede! ( and i like the new shiny look too) I meant the black car, Rhodrich's and the brown car :d It was just an observation really, that these days there are definitely a lot more retro-fit pre55 sunroof cars about than I remember seeing before!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
69project
15 years ago

Richard wrote:

mine is swedish,but it has no ragtop....i feel left out! 😞
Car less.....
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

mine is swedish,but it has no ragtop....i feel left out! 😞

69project wrote:

Don't worry I'm sure we can find one for you.:wink:

What colour cover would you like?
John.
69project
15 years ago

Don't worry I'm sure we can find one for you.:wink:

What colour cover would you like?

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

you mean you get a choice...:shock: !!!!
Car less.....
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

you mean you get a choice...:shock: !!!!

69project wrote:

Of course...how many, what colour, two or three fold, repro, used or NOS.

Please, PayPal only £1500 to [email protected]
John.
69project
15 years ago

Of course...how many, what colour, two or three fold, repro, used or NOS.

Please, PayPal only £1500 to [email protected]

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

at the moment my money is all in cheques,if you could send me cash then i will send you a cheque to cover costs...my bank is in nigeria and i have trouble accessing it,sorry....lol :wink: :beer:
Car less.....
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

at the moment my money is all in cheques,if you could send me cash then i will send you a cheque to cover costs...my bank is in nigeria and i have trouble accessing it,sorry....lol :wink: :beer:

69project wrote:

Are you the one whose Father-in-law was the Nigerian Finance Minister? He died in mysterious circumstances before he was able to transfer his fortune of $5,000,000. It was a heart-wrending story, you had my wife and I in tears:!:

We're always up for a good laugh.:wink:
John.
Richard
15 years ago

no sorry! I forgot about yours when I typed that, I was'nt including it in those 3! its a lovely swede! ( and i like the new shiny look too) I meant the black car, Rhodrich's and the brown car :d It was just an observation really, that these days there are definitely a lot more retro-fit pre55 sunroof cars about than I remember seeing before!

mrsherbie wrote:

Cheers! :d
mrsherbie
15 years ago

im working on it dad. :wink:

LoveBug wrote:

Ooh! Hello! I always knew there was really a woman behind this site! and the Rob thing was just a made up smoke screen :lol: :d

I was Herbie mad when I was younger hence my user name that I have had since I started using the internet :shock: in the 90's now I guess :shock: Gosh time does fly!

pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago
:lol:  herbie.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Lickety Split
15 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

Hmmm, is Herbie running the correct front wings? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Thats a great Herbie photo I want one!! :d
I think that Luke Theochari really is a superb guy, that car is giving so much enjoyment to so many kids in his ownership :d

I am surprised that Lego dont make a more wing shaped lego brick these days, they seem to push out every shape now that makes lego modelling far too easy. I remember when it was all fields and lego only came in basic brick shapes, we used to consider the tiny single block special back then. Then space lego arrived and it was clear that life would never be the same again :shock: the new uber cool 'coloured transparent bits' and dont even mention the excitement of the first appearance of the axle block & rubber tyres that my little brother loved to eat!!! :shock: :lol:
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
That pic of the Amoses is great! (Is that the correct plural for an 'Amos?')

Anna- The rubber tyres in lego sets were always the tastiest parts. I can vouch for your brother's taste in potentially poisonous plastic paraphernalia.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.