harveypj
15 years ago

:lol: :lol:

Stock......the new custom
VW Stan
15 years ago
Went along on Saturday and took a few pictures.
Not much stock stuff around as usual...

28032009263.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009266.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009275.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009277.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009280.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009281.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009284.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009286.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009287.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009291.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  28032009292.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
15 years ago
Anybody know who owns this.......  28032009280.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
69project
15 years ago
went today and thought there was a lot of nice stock stuff...

pete was gutted you was on the lower floor!

enjoyed it although was miffed about the 14 pounds each to get in,c u next year!

raced minis the whole way there,eat my dust scum :twisted:
Car less.....
69project
15 years ago

Anybody know who owns this.......

'50 Karmann wrote:

i wanted this too!!!
Car less.....
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Anybody know who owns this.......

'50 Karmann wrote:

I saw this car on Saturday morning and fell in love with it immediately. I had never seen the car before and didn't have a clue who the owner was. It wasn't until I got home yesterday that I realised who owns the car. It's a chap from London named Rhodrich- he sent me pics of the car last year when he imported it from Sweden. It still had Swedish plates on in the pics and it didn't click that it was the same car.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
69project
15 years ago

I saw this car on Saturday morning and fell in love with it immediately. I had never seen the car before and didn't have a clue who the owner was. It wasn't until I got home yesterday that I realised who owns the car. It's a chap from London named Rhodrich- he sent me pics of the car last year when he imported it from Sweden. It still had Swedish plates on in the pics and it didn't click that it was the same car.

Rich Oakley wrote:

he is a very lucky fella,next hols must be sweden to get oval/split to live with my big window...has anyone ever seen a rough car from this country???
Car less.....
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

..has anyone ever seen a rough car from this country???

69project wrote:

Yes, lots and lots of them.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
69project
15 years ago

Yes, lots and lots of them.

Rich Oakley wrote:

trip cancelled! :lol:
Car less.....
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Whos was the stock late forties standard grey beetle that was there on saturday? We saw it when we were leaving but only for a brief second and the owner waved but I didnt see who it was, just a hand! :lol:

Very, very nice! 😎

William
Rhodrich
15 years ago
The '47 Standard belongs to Rich Oakley.....

Thanks for the nice comments about my '51 everyone :)

All back home in it's garage now....

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Don't worry - for you stock purists out there, I still have the original 25hp engine :lol: The Judson powered 30hp gives it a little bit more 'pep' though!

Rhodri
54 Gertie
15 years ago

The '47 Standard belongs to Rich Oakley.....

Rhodrich wrote:

I had an incling it may have been his but I was not sure! At least I got the late forties bit right as we were speeding past! :lol:

I had a look for it on Sunday but it was no where to be seen! :cry:
William
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Rhodri

Rhodrich wrote:

Two words: Mamma Mia!
harveypj
15 years ago
Lovely car, one of my fav colours too. Took loads of pictures of it, shame it was tucked into that corner, realy wanted to get a better look.

Was also chuffed and a little surprised given the general thme of the show to get this......:d

volksworld show 113 (2).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
15 years ago
A few choice shots.....

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

William
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Lovely car, one of my fav colours too. Took loads of pictures of it, shame it was tucked into that corner, realy wanted to get a better look.

Was also chuffed and a little surprised given the general thme of the show to get this......:d

harveypj wrote:

I heard you won a top 20 award! I was outside at the time trying to fit some swapmeet semaphores! :lol:

Well done!:beer:
William
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

harveypj wrote:

Nice one Peter. Well deserved.

You just need to get rid of that Mk1 Golf radio and your car will be 100% perfect :twisted: :lol: :wink:
RockStock
15 years ago
UserPostedImage
looked sweet, Rhodrich
lovely og interior, nice matching green sunroof
yes, a bit tucked in to a corner...

got any pre-resto pics?
bit of background?
is that an age related-issued plate? decent combo

StockRocks
Rhodrich
15 years ago

looked sweet, Rhodrich
lovely og interior, nice matching green sunroof
yes, a bit tucked in to a corner...

got any pre-resto pics?
bit of background?
is that an age related-issued plate? decent combo

RockStock wrote:

Thank you! To save cluttering this thread, I've started a new one here with answers to all your questions....

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=16727 
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Congratulations Harveypj! so much tougher to win in a stocker! A few nice stock cars there this time from the pics on Julian Robinsons site: JR's photos  ( I like the red baha!:oops: ) and huge congratulations to him for getting that 53 on the road! :d It would have been great to have seen Rhodrich's and the other pastel green restocal 51 sunroof patina car parked side by side? Did you do that? I think that car is looking great too!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann