pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago
Finally got my Volksworld Photos  online... Just got my yootoob vid to go now :roll:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Finally got my Volksworld Photos  online... Just got my yootoob vid to go now :roll:

pre67vw wrote:

8) :beer:

Great pics! :d

William
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago

8) :beer:

Great pics! :d

54 Gertie wrote:

Thanks!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I took the livberty of moving the heart lights down and knocking the dent out of the decklid before posting it! :wink: :lol:

8)

UserPostedImage
William
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

I took the liberty of moving the heart lights down and knocking the dent out of the decklid before posting it! :wink: :lol:

8)

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie wrote:

You could have spent a bit more time tidying that sunroof too. It was a mess. :?

I was hoping someone would post a picture of my daily driver...it's the red one in the background.:shock:
John.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

You could have spent a bit more time tidying that sunroof too. It was a mess. :?

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Yeah it was like that when we got it! It is missing the back bar that keeps it held down and fabrication one has been one of those jobs that we keep putting off!
William
Jules
15 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

You took some really nice pics there Rob, I really enjoyed all of them!
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Fair point. He came very close to bagging a (near enough) NOS Unipart sunroof a few months back that would have solved most/some of our problems with that pile of crap! Sadly we missed the sale.

I want to chop it out and let in a Golde but the bastards won't let me! :lol:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

I want to chop it out and let in a Golde but the bastards won't let me! :lol:

tman wrote:

Don't let the bastards intimidate...Mike Tudor's '53 had his 3 fold grafted in. After all it's just an accessory. I'm sure plenty were added after delivery. :wink:

UserPostedImage

We covered his tail on the way home and the little freshly built 25hp sang all the way.:d
John.
Patchd
15 years ago
Hello,
Good pictures everyone! Just in case you haven't seen enough here are just a few more:
Volksworld Show 2009 
Looking forward to the video.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I think it is interesting that of the 3 earliest beetles in the show ( I am assuming as I was'nt there) :

50, 51 & 53, all of them are Swedish, and all are tintops that have had golde sunroofs let in. Also the beige split that was parked outside is a Swedish car too!

Gertie, we have some Golde rear bars that we had made from stainless, I know your roof is Britax and I have not seen it yet to see if it might work. But for me, your Britax makes your car very English and I like it! Golde's are SO common these days :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Rhodrich
15 years ago
The white South African '52 was also on display, and Rich Oakley brought along his '47. I get what you're saying though - cars from Sweden seem to be survivors, and they like their ragtops!

When I was looking for mine, I had a few others on the shortlist - one from Belgium, and another from Germany. The German one had accident damage, so I walked away. The Belgian one was poor value compared to mine. I guess Swedish cars tend to be keener priced, as there are so many there......

Do I care that my car's had a sunroof put in? Anyone who really knows their splits will see that the rails have the black plastic beading, thus showing that the ragtop is from a 1953-1955 car (it's actually from a '53), so it's not hiding anything. As far as I'm concerned, it's been let in properly, having been lead loaded as it was done originally, and transforms the car on a summer's day, so I'm happy!
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I think it is interesting that of the 3 earliest beetles in the show ( I am assuming as I was'nt there) :

50, 51 & 53, all of them are Swedish, and all are tintops that have had golde sunroofs let in. Also the beige split that was parked outside is a Swedish car too!

Gertie, we have some Golde rear bars that we had made from stainless, I know your roof is Britax and I have not seen it yet to see if it might work. But for me, your Britax makes your car very English and I like it! Golde's are SO common these days :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

Yes the Britax is quite unique! Well, thats how I like to think of it! :wink: :lol:

I do love a proper Golde ragtop but I just feel that I would always find myself saying when someone mentions it "Yes, well, its been let in!":roll:

I dont know I almost think it is trying to make a car seem rarer than it really is! I can see the reasoning if the roof is damaged but with our car the roof was I am led to believe fine but the previous owner wanted it for driving!

Having said that I do absolutely agree that having a ragtop on a day like today is absolute heaven! :d 😎

I do however have no (even though it is not strictly speaking my car :wink: ) urge to remove the ragtop for a solid roof or Golde! The damage has already been done so lets try and enjoy the outcome! :wink:
William
55Kab
15 years ago

Having said that I do absolutely agree that having a cabrio on a day like today is absolute heaven! :d 8)

54 Gertie wrote:

Safely edited Will. :beer:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Safely edited Will. :beer:

55Kab wrote:

`

:wink: :lol: A cabrio? I wouldnt know I could barely afford a solid roofed car! :wink: :lol: :beer:
William
55Kab
15 years ago

:wink: :lol: A cabrio? I wouldnt know I could barely afford a solid roofed car! :wink: :lol: :beer:

54 Gertie wrote:

Don't worry, I'm sure your time will come! :wink:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago

Looking forward to the video.

Patchd wrote:

Here it is... Volksworld Video 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
Great job as usual Rob. My wife watched the vid and is now asking for the Imelda May CD.:d
John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago

My wife watched the vid and is now asking for the Imelda May CD.:d

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Buy it!! Saw her live a little while back, fantastic. Although I'm a bit biased because her husband and guitarist is an old school friend. :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
harveypj
15 years ago
Great vid Rob8) :d

I wonder how much the white split for sale is? I recon the alloys and front beam would fetch enough ££'s to replace with originals.

I looked at the mango green & white split:shock: It loked to me as though the owner had rubbed down perfecly good paint to bare steel to give the 'weathered look' every body seems so stuck on at the mo ...bonkers:!:
An old bug or bus is great, but to accelerate the aging process is just dumb.
Stock......the new custom