JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
A new event, that was about 60 miles away, through the countryside, so I thought I´d take a look.
The car had what I thought was a heat stroke on the way there, but it restarted after about twenty minutes and got me there. More about that later!

Beautifully restored bus - I was told it was more new metal than old, but they did a hell of a job. NB - its the only 14 window that I´ve ever seen - nothing rare - they had added the extra glass.

UserPostedImage

Lovely white `65 Beetle.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Not a thing of any great beauty, but it must be a hell of a ride - Porsche flat six powered mid engined 550 Spyder kit. Lots of hand made bits. "Give us a go Mister".

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Nice useable 1959 Bug...

UserPostedImage

So sue me...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
14 years ago
Car of the day for me was this 1953 Karmann. Had a good chat with the owner, who has a bunch of other VWs, including a Kübelwagen. I was invited for a visit, so I´ll try and get some photos. He said he hardly ever brings the car out - only to local shows, once or twice a year. Pity! It has a 1600cc motor in it too. He has the original motor saved however. (And he had the gall to criticise my Porsche hubcaps!!:lol: )

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

(Goddamnit! I ordered "buxom photo model" - didn´t expect this!!!)
UserPostedImage

Other oddities...
Four cam Alfa powered buggy. Cool engine at least.
UserPostedImage
Unimog.
UserPostedImage
Velosolex!
UserPostedImage

End of the day...
UserPostedImage

Top down...
UserPostedImage

I wish that was the end of the day, but the mysterious problem from earlier recurred on the way home - only this time I couldn´t restart. I ended up on the back of a recovery truck. Oh the indignity! I think it was the fuel pump. I´ll fix it tomorrow.
UserPostedImage
55Kab
14 years ago
Nice weather and nice pics JD. Hope you get the car fixed soon.

Love the '53 Cabrio, he should be taking that to HO!

JD
  • JD
14 years ago

Nice weather and nice pics JD. Hope you get the car fixed soon.

Love the '53 Cabrio, he should be taking that to HO!

55Kab wrote:

I´m hoping it´s just a five minute job to fix the pump. Hoping!

He should be, but he won´t. I asked him and he made a funny face! Local shows only and it had only been out of the garage once or twice last year. Someone ask him if he could bring one of his split Beetles today (the sunday), but he said it hadn´t even been started in ten years! Pity in a way, but they´re his cars - he can do what he wants with them.
UserPostedImage