simonhanloncole
14 years ago
Can i fit a dual circuit master cylinder in a 67 bug. I propose blue brake hose with y piece to take fluid to each circuit and brake pipe fittings are obvious but what about the pedal push rod can i just use this as is in a dual circuit master cyclinder.
What to do it to improve safety, going to be doing this beuty up as a 50 mile a day commuter car need to use it before someone bans old motors from the road.
Simon
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Can i fit a dual circuit master cylinder in a 67 bug. I propose blue brake hose with y piece to take fluid to each circuit and brake pipe fittings are obvious but what about the pedal push rod can i just use this as is in a dual circuit master cyclinder.
What to do it to improve safety, going to be doing this beuty up as a 50 mile a day commuter car need to use it before someone bans old motors from the road.
Simon

simonhanloncole wrote:

yes, you can fit one- no probs. Rather than the Y-piece from your reservoir, Karmann Konnection have some US-spec dual circuit reservoirs in stock that look the same as the early single circuit ones.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.