Robb
13 years ago
no, the ali ones are correct, mine were replaced by the previous owner, dont think they are correct......they are on the list :d
GKL 7
13 years ago
IMHO ali ones look nicer.
Oh! and swop that motor:wink:
beefykeefy
13 years ago

IMHO ali ones look nicer.
Oh! and swop that motor:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

I reckon they look better too, just wondered what was correct.

:beer: All in good time; hopefully during Spring that wrong should've been 'righted.'

Almost wonder if it's the right thing to do sometimes, as the 1600 pulls great and is good for motorway travel.
Robb
13 years ago
wheres the best place to get some ali ones? the last ones i had, were pressed ali, but the black was like a plastic sheet, and always peeled off.....its been years since ive bought some though.

They all seem dull ali, its the highly polished ones i'd like.

oh and get that motor swapped. it wont be much different to the 1600.
55Kab
13 years ago

wheres the best place to get some ali ones?

Robb wrote:

Prof O may suggest somewhere else but I would think Framptons Rob:

https://www.pl8s.co.uk/ 

Robb
13 years ago
thanks Martin,

yer i did think there. guess i may have to buy some, and then spend a bit of time with my polishing wheel to buff them up.

thanks 🙂
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Prof O may suggest somewhere else but I would think Framptons Rob:

https://www.pl8s.co.uk/ 

55Kab wrote:

Agree.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
beefykeefy
13 years ago

thanks Martin,

yer i did think there. guess i may have to buy some, and then spend a bit of time with my polishing wheel to buff them up.

Robb wrote:

My lettering was very dull; may just have been oxidation, but a bit of T-cut and elbow grease and they look great polished up.
Boris1966
13 years ago
Hi BeefyKeefy,

I just recently bought a 1967 in Lotus white with Indiana red interior. It is also stock height at the moment an as I've only had it a month I've not done a lot to it. I have put right hand drive cibi lenses, new coil, plugs, leads etc. I'm having the little holes where some door mirrors were attached wealded up soon and i've got a brave restorer who's putting on a right door hinge mirror as it's left hand drive and a little scary with a fogged up back window!!

Meet Buddy:

P1020610.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1020607.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
13 years ago

It is also stock height at the moment

Boris1966 wrote:

Key words being "at the moment",sounds bad:wink:
Boris1966
13 years ago
Ah yeah...... I'm going to use it as a daily driver so I am thinking of putting fatter tyres on it... Maybe dropped spindles.... But I do also love the stock look and can always change it back eh!
P.s. It has a 1500 engine which is brilliant, slight backfire so when it's a little less snowy will check this out.
54 Gertie
13 years ago
I wouldn't have line anything other than stock, for daily use.

Although for now I'd settled for a working regulator, my current range is shorter than my daily journey. :lol:
William
Boris1966
13 years ago
Well that's why I like this forum as I can listen to some experienced v-dub nuts and decide what the best plan is! Anyways the car is staying stock until I'm absolutely sure about adapting a different look :0)
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Nice car Boris; almost the same as mine 😛

I'd stay stock, as everyone is going low... looks like your car has survived intact for 43 years and it would be a shame if you undid that IMO, especially to a '67.

Stock height is very practical for daily use too...
Dakota
13 years ago
Tippers supply a quality pressed ali plate although strictly speaking its more likely the car had number plates with separate cast ali or plastic digits, they cost more but just lok so good, I think that Lotus white bug has that type of plate fitted.
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Just got me a set of Vredestein Classics for all four wheels...

Tempted to have them white banded by Mr Whitewall... I know it's not 'correct,; but has anyone done this on their late 60's Bug and have any pictures?
beefykeefy
12 years ago
Latest pics -

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

:?: Does that rear bumper look like it sits right?
GKL 7
12 years ago

Does that rear bumper look like it sits right?

beefykeefy wrote:

I'm afraid it doesn't beefykeefy,something amiss there.:cry:
beefykeefy
12 years ago

I'm afraid it doesn't beefykeefy,something amiss there.:cry:

GKL 7 wrote:

Thought so, just need to loosen up some bolts and give it a wiggle, as rear mounts are fine.
Robb
12 years ago
i had this issue with mine, the irons will prob be bent. take the bumper off, and put a screwdriver through the bolt slot and bent the iron upwards. hope that makes sense, but the bumper should be level.

car looks great though!