pre67vw
13 years ago
My photos are now online:

https://www.pre67vw.com/shows 

Still working on the video, but shouldn't be too much longer...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
13 years ago
Here's my video...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sunroof53
13 years ago
Super video and really funny that you managed to catch the moment(42secs) one of the Territorial soldiers is photographing me in my car.I shall treasure that video for a long time.:d

Mike.
RoRoVw
  • RoRoVw
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
TOL 660 is now owned by an Historic VW Club member in Bradford, West Yorks and made the 460 mile round trip to Arborfield in the day.
klaus53
13 years ago
That TA soldier would be me! Cheers for posing for the pix, Mike. As army photography taskings go it was novel to be able to do a VW show! Was great to see so many early cars and the REME museum chaps I spoke too seemed keen to run the show again next year.

Had a really cracking day, a personal highlight was being able to sit in the original "Porsche" Herbie.

Had bit of an emotional journey home though. The gear-shift coupling sheared in half. Then the rain started. But after some robust language and the use of the AA man's drill and a couple of bolts I managed to stick it back together and limp home. I already have the Heritage replacement in front of me.
1961 Type 1/11
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Thanks to Tim and all the organisers, it was great to go to a proper vintage show in the UK again (Since Lavenham of course), there were some special cars there indeed as well as the usual crowd... my old samba, JLT of course, 3 schwimmers and the most splits I have ever seen at a UK show made it very special.

I don't think having it annually would see the same commitment from the vintage crowd to get there but as it's so near me I would be happy, maybe even get one of my cars there next time :d

Kev

surrey67
13 years ago
Great pictures & video Rob,cant believe you caught me having a swig :oops: :lol:
1967 Westfalia SO42

Great vidio Rob,
I'm gutted I could not make the show, I had to work all weekend:(
Maybe next year with a bit of luck.
Stock......the new custom
Bert53
13 years ago
Fantastic show Tim.
Had a great time despite the rather cool weather and my Beetle breaking a valve spring on the way home :cry: Ah well, at least it was on the way home and not the way there :wink:

Many thanks to all those involved in organising the show, same again next year please.

John