karlito
11 years ago
Any chance of some more pics, underside, floors,channels, inner arches bulkhead etc?

Is it complete and all correct?

So what number plate is it going to have now, presumably an age related one, or did the DVLA sort out the one that was on there?

It would look nice sat next to my 60...
karlito
11 years ago
billy739
11 years ago
still here.

still awaiting v5!
rang dvla fri 15th they told me it will now be in the post monday morning! yipee

looks like i am going to need to convert to 12 so i can mot her. cant bring myself to buy a 6v battery just to sell it!

all electrics seem ok ,horn /wipers /head , side, brake lamps
heanlamp foot switch sticks a little.
need a manual pump for the washers.
semaphores working , 1 bulb blown tho
brakes bleed and working
just need a pair of no plates

looks like mot within 2 weeks!

hasent dropped a spot of oil so far , but only has her running prob 10 mins max.

DVLA confirmed last tax ran out 2001 , and thats when no plate was transfered.:x

will post a propper add in for sale once moted and v5 here

pre67vw
11 years ago
6v battery will be a hell of a lot easier than converting to 12v, you'll need a 12v generator, regulator, coil, choke, wiper motor, plus bulbs... And starter motor to do it properly...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago

6v battery will be a hell of a lot easier than converting to 12v, you'll need a 12v generator, regulator, coil, choke, wiper motor, plus bulbs... And starter motor to do it properly...

pre67vw wrote:

If its got the 58 engine fitted then its a special dynamo from the states or a later Engine you will have to fit becouse of the generator pedistal thats cast in to the block is to narrow to hold the 12 volt genny. A battery is the way to go.

Andy W
billy739
11 years ago
12 v conversion will be so i can mot / sell it.

i can change the bulbs , fit a 12v regulator to the existing dynamo, starter motor is fine on 12v and fit a resistor to the wipers( not the cheap ones.)

i can sell it with all the 6v items , including a new starter motor i have accuired incase the new owner wants to keep it original.

i also have a later engine i could fit that runs 12 v dynamo / carb which would make it much easier to run. also much better if i end up running it about whilst its for sale , this way the original 6v engine with cast dynamo stand will still be as it is now (sweet and running) for the new owner to decide its fate)

alternatively i thought about using an extra 12v battery for the starter the rest will run from the old & dead 6v battery i have and the dynamo whilst the engine is running
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
There is an old trick i was told that if you have the old type 12volt battery that have the external lead fittings and a 12 volt genny you could get a nother terminal solderd to half way down the battery and have 12 and 6 volt take off points !!!!!!

Andy W
billy739
11 years ago
yeah i know.

trying to find one of those batteries , but like all things when you need them.

i was given 2 lorry batteries of the type about 10 years ago , still dry never used , about a year ago tehy went scrap as never going to use them!
billy739
11 years ago
YIPEE!
i now have a logbook!

good old DVLA tho , its still registered with the body no as a chassis number!

2 owners before me , 1 from 1959 to 2000 . then a car dealer bought it in 2000 , just to take the no plate off! :thumbdn:

the dealer still exists so will ring him tomorrow for a chat.

new battery also on route:thumbup:

next is a voluntary MOT then pass it to another owner before i can baja it!
billy739
11 years ago
ok , new battery fitted , MOT soon.
now in for sale to see how serious everyone is about saving it......
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
So you are not chopping it up then :wink:

Andy W
billy739
11 years ago
well everyone says not too

proof will be in the pudding as they say. we will see if its just banter or fact.
dosent seem to be much to compare it too.
now has 12 months mot!

£2800 is whats its up for , we shall see if some one can save it or i will end up chopping it up if i keep it!

its up too you lot to save it........

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Intresting that you got a mot did thay issue a pass on it/ As i was told i could not get one as the vehicle will not be in the data bace.

Andy W
billy739
11 years ago
the data base i presume you refer to will be DVLA

any vehicle registered with DVLA or even non registered ( you can mot an import using chassis no) can be taken for an mot.

will still need to meet the requirements and can still pass/ fail

pre 60 are only exempt from having a test ,dosent mean it cant be inspected. you can still take them for one if you wish , and as i will be selling the car and its been off the road since 2001 i thought it a good idea. the fact i am an ex mot inspector does help tho!
billy739
11 years ago
:thumbup:
karlito
11 years ago
I'm still yet to see any of the pics requested, Im interested.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

so every body has gone quiet when its time to save the car !

looks like the chop.

I may have someone interested in the chassis as its technically unregistered.

due you think £1900 for an unregistered driving rust free 1959 chassis is ok?

any body interested in a complete 1959 body with interior and v5 registration for £1600?

billy739 wrote:

As the V5 has the body number on it rather than the chassis number, you are going to run into all kinds of difficulties regarding splitting the body and chassis and selling them separately. The V5 has to remain with the chassis and obviously the numbers won't match up.

As Karl says above, I am also waiting for detailed pictures of the car as requested.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
billy739
11 years ago
😛
Nate
11 years ago
hi, you dont need a password to view the pics - thanks for adding them. Where have you got the advert listed?