Patchd
  • Patchd
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hello.

I'm looking after a friends 1965 Samba Microbus for the winter and although I drive it regularly I normally have to charge the battery before I can start it. At first I thought it might be just the cold weather, but it now seams that is not the case.

I suspect that something is draining the battery, but I don't know where to start to look.
It's 6 volt and the only equipment on the bus is standard samba except for an 8 track player.

Thank's for any help.

Patch
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
62crew
19 years ago

Hi Patch, Dont know how long you leave it for,i lay mine up for 4 months
every winter and it always flat and needs charging .i dont think theres any drain on mine but on a samba theres a big clock normally ,it depends
how long you leave it for ,a week or two should be fine. Dave
Patchd
  • Patchd
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hi.
I leave it for roughly a week. But occasionly after a day even it seams to flatten.
I've just pulled the battery out and filled it with distilled water and putting it on a full charge for a day. I'll come back if that doesn't work.
Hopefully it will be fixed for the Volksworld Show.
Cheers,
Pad
62crew
19 years ago

I put a battery tester on mine yesterday and you could see the amps going down ,was usless bought a new heavy duty one £45 Well worth it.
It was 4years old and not holding the charge for more than 2days.worth checking your one.