Etzhold1
15 years ago
My 50 Belgian 1 owner standard was parked in 1962 !
And started up again 2 years ago ! I only changed the spark plugs and oil !
And cleaned the points and the gastank, some new fuel and it runs still like a train!

Guido

54 Gertie
15 years ago

And cleaned the points and the gastank, some new fuel and it runs still like a train!

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

The stuff of dreams!:lol: :beer:
William
Standard split
15 years ago

Yet more proof that the Standard model is the original and best:!:

Had it been a De Luxe the hydraulic brakes would not work.

And what is it about these gorgeous Belgian cars โ€“ mine is a one previous owner Belgium car too ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Rattletrap โ€“ the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950โ€ฆ the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW โ€“ he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I Think that is because not a lot Belgians could buy a car in the 50ties !
And the people who could, where keeping them as a treasure !
Not that far from my place is a older Gentleman who still have his first 1950 beetle in his garage with 62000 original km!:shock: The car is parked from 1978, I'm hunting after that car now for more then 5 years:cry: , Yes ET it is that Brown ragtop in Maaseik !

Guido

heb623
15 years ago

Yes ET it is that Brown ragtop in Maaseik !

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Oh that one!
Since I have a Heb I really don't care anymore about Splits with or without ragtop![-x
So you have my permission to pick that split up! :wink:

:twisted: ET

I โ€™ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Kids taxi
15 years ago
I find it very interesting that there is serious talk at the beginning of this thread of the price of the car being 10K Firm . then the owners family get on the internet and shes back up to 15K . Now his car his rules etc BUT if its not period correct which it sems it isnt ,Im afraid its not 15K either . Is the original owner still yearning for his 20K from back in the day . Apols for spoling the thread just my 10 cents ... As you Were :d
Im too Old for This
Chris
15 years ago
It doesn't matter what silly prices people ask for their car. It's only worth what people are willing to pay. That's why it's still for sale instead of sitting in it's new owner's garage. People see that they have a split and think it's worth silly money.
That's just my opinion :roll:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
The car is now sold and has gone to a VERY good home. :wink:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

The car is now sold and has gone to a VERY good home. :wink:

Rich Oakley wrote:

Who would that be then? ๐Ÿ˜Ž :wink: :beer:
William
JARV
15 years ago
That would be me!, the car is now back in Shropshire :wink:
'52 Standard Split
'56 Fire Bus
'58 Deluxe Beetle (RHD)
'64 Karmann Beetle Cabriolet
'67 Camper (RHD)
'07 T5 175 LWB Window Van

Dubster
15 years ago

JARV wrote:

Nice one, will we all get chance to see it at some point this year? I would love to have a look around it :)

It's a lovely car and hope you get lots of enjoyment from it.
December 1966 UK 1500 Beetle
54 Gertie
15 years ago

JARV wrote:

You've got a lovely car there! Personally I dont mind the few incorrect parts such as the taillights as they probably have a bit of a story behind them!

Gorgeous! :beer: :d
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
im happy to read that she has gone to a good home, and to an old owner ๐Ÿ˜ฎ glad i put it up on here so you could find it, it was a nice car
but me i ended up buying a 52 zwitter ๐Ÿ˜›
which i thought was much nicer
so it's a happy ending for the both of us
Standard split
15 years ago

You've got a lovely car there! Personally I dont mind the few incorrect parts such as the taillights as they probably have a bit of a story behind them!

The few incorrect parts:?:

Does that include the wrong engine, later wings:shock:

How much has to be wrong before a car is not very original:?:

i ended up buying a 52 zwitter
which i thought was much nicer

I hope that you know the history well, unless it is obviously original โ€“ original headlining and paint inside, especially around the rear window.:!:

There's a lot of oval dash splits around considering the short production run, and early ovals seem to becoming fewer:shock:

I personally would not touch a 'zwitter' with a barge pole unless it was a car I knew well::?
Rattletrap โ€“ the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950โ€ฆ the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW โ€“ he's on facebook!
54 Gertie
15 years ago

The few incorrect parts:?:

Does that include the wrong engine, later wings:shock:

How much has to be wrong before a car is not very original:?:

Standard split wrote:

Well I can see your point but you have to admit that it is pretty original, or very correct!:wink: For example our 55 has had a later engine and repro wings but I still class her as an original car! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
William
Standard split
15 years ago
Wellโ€ฆ you have to admit that if all 4 wings on a Beetle are not original and of a later type (these things DO look different), then that for a start indicates that a rather large percentage of the original sheet metal has gone.

1950s - early '60s bonnets also vary underneath in their structure (by the hinge brackets), I've seen several so-called 'original' splits but on looking under the bonnet have realised that a bonnet replacement has been done, as well as all four wings. I don't see how a car with this much of its sheet metal missing can be original. Must be about 22-30% of the original body metal missing:?:

Perhaps some mathematical expert out there can work-out the exact percentage as opposed to my vague guess:?
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Wellโ€ฆ you have to admit that if all 4 wings on a Beetle are not original and of a later type (these things DO look different), then that for a start indicates that a rather large percentage of the original sheet metal has gone.

1950s - early '60s bonnets also vary underneath in their structure (by the hinge brackets), I've seen several so-called 'original' splits but on looking under the bonnet have realised that a bonnet replacement has been done, as well as all four wings. I don't see how a car with this much of its sheet metal missing can be original. Must be about 22-30% of the original body metal missing:?:

Perhaps some mathematical expert out there can work-out the exact percentage as opposed to my vague guess:?

Standard split wrote:

I can see where your coming from but at the end of the day, it is a lovely car! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Congratulations JARV!:beer: Do you have it home yet? Planning on doing any shows in the coming year?:wink:
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Sorry just read, its in Shropshire with you! :oops: :lol:
William
GKL 7
15 years ago

Standard split wrote:

Don't forget the front valance John,so maybe another 1% there :lol:
Standard split
15 years ago

I can see where your coming from but at the end of the day, it is a lovely car!

It certainly is, but it has to be being a Standard Split โ€“ pure People's Car :wink: