GKL 7
15 years ago

big whoooooo.ive murdered my granny ...

oval dude 71 wrote:

oh! that's OK then.

Listen everybody,money makes the world go around.
And if i sell something, under estimating it's value.And the new buyer can make a profit,then isn't that my fault for under estimating what i had.
People do buy things to make a profit,it's called business.
And these people don't tell you this when they come along because that's not the way business works.

It happens,whether it right or wrong,it happens.

1956ultra
15 years ago

Jo says she will pop down to post office and see what can be done ..thanks

oval dude 71 wrote:

Tell Jo thanks for the thought, it appears to be lost so i will cancel it tomorrow.

G.
oval dude 71
15 years ago

Of course its your car to what you want with.
But why are you coming on here pretending the car is your pride and joy when in reality you just bought it to flip it on (as is your good right, of course)?
Just put a classified up like other people do.

JD wrote:

may i ask the question !! did we at any point mention on here we were going to sell it or it was for sale ?? no not at all .like i have said i bought it for a price that the seller was happy with ..just like him he could have sold it for 3.5k to a trader but held out for more of me just like i will do !!! because i truly believe she is good enough to fetch more..i may be so wrong ,but after owning v dubs for over 25 years thats my opinion ...cheers
1956ultra
15 years ago

oh! that's OK then.

Listen everybody,money makes the world go around.
And if i sell something, under estimating it's value.And the new buyer can make a profit,then isn't that my fault for under estimating what i had.
People do buy things to make a profit,it's called business.
And these people don't tell you this when they come along because that's not the way business works.

It happens,whether it right or wrong,it happens.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I estimated the car at 4.8 mate so i was more than happy with the price.

Graeme.
oval dude 71
15 years ago

Tell Jo thanks for the thought, it appears to be lost so i will cancel it tomorrow.

G.

1956ultra wrote:

she is next to me mate , ok mate
69project
15 years ago
im really really confused now!

1.do think its a bit strange posting a thread abt his new pride and joy then selling it just as soon after(odd but its your car etc)
2.then i thought that the seller had felt robbed like the 58 that sold the other day and is now advertised for more money elsewhere(but seller seems happy)

i think this goes back to the big money to be made in early beetles argument maybe???
Car less.....
Standard split
15 years ago
Some threads on the internet suck, and leave me with a bad taste. This certainly is one.:twisted:

I buy my cars because I really like them. They then live with me for a long time.:wink:

That is what our hobby should be โ€“ it's not a business ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I must admit I am getting more and more p****d of by people buying these lovely old VWs and putting them up for sale just days later :twisted:

These people are not even investors โ€“ they're just in a money-making scam which also soils the car's history โ€“ ie the car that's had the same loving owner for 23 years now has one or two on the document who've had it ten days :evil:

so are we !!!! big whoooooo.ive murdered my granny ...

oval dude 71 wrote:

What??? :? :?

Rattletrap โ€“ the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950โ€ฆ the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW โ€“ he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
1956ultra
15 years ago
2.then i thought that the seller had felt robbed like the 58 that sold the other day and is now advertised for more money elsewhere(but seller seems happy)

Im more than happy with the price paid for the Oval mate :d

GKL 7
15 years ago

That is what our hobby should be โ€“ it's not a business [-x

Standard split wrote:

It may not be a business for you and i, John.
But when there is an oppurtunity for money to be made any hobby will attract the business minded.

People trade in cars and they often sell for bigger money than WE are used to.

And more than often a hobby needs these people.Certain traders scour the planet for rare cars and parts,they do it to make money.
Surely you don't expect them to pass their gains on at cost price.Saying "oh! i got it in Sweden for 500 quid,there you go as long as i get my money back"

Seller seems happy in this case,new buyer could have choosen his words differently...It's over,it's business.
oval dude 71
15 years ago
[quote=69project]im really really confused now!

1.do think its a bit strange posting a thread abt his new pride and joy then selling it just as soon after(odd but its your car etc)

i think this goes back to the big money to be made in early beetles argument maybe???[/quoteth

Hi Jo here,i think this is going bit too far..the seller was happy with the price and thats all what we could afford!!!!!!
The bug is stunning,i truly feel its worth more,if that offends anyone,Im sorry.We are not rich or pretend to be and every penny counts,like i said before,somethings only worth what someone is willing to pay.As u will know,there is no given priceguide for such like (ovals,splits etc.)
I love the oval,but I,m in love with my fiance,and i dont get the two confused "LOL"
oval dude 71
15 years ago

Some threads on the internet suck, and leave me with a bad taste. This certainly is one.:twisted:

I buy my cars because I really like them. They then live with me for a long time.:wink:

That is what our hobby should be โ€“ it's not a business ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I must admit I am getting more and more p****d of by people buying these lovely old VWs and putting them up for sale just days later :twisted:

These people are not even investors โ€“ they're just in a money-making scam which also soils the car's history โ€“ ie the car that's had the same loving owner for 23 years now has one or two on the document who've had it ten days :evil:

What??? :? :?

Right!!!! Jo here again,you really pissed me offfffffffff!!!!!!!

Standard split wrote:

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

may i ask the question !! did we at any point mention on here we were going to sell it or it was for sale ?? no not at all .

oval dude 71 wrote:

No you didnยดt mention it was for sale at all - which is really rather strange.

But as I said before - its yours to do with as you please.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oval dude 71
15 years ago

oval dude 71 wrote:

P.S I am a stella artois drinker. And ive got muscles bigger than my man ๐Ÿ˜‰
69project
15 years ago

[quote=69project]im really really confused now!

i think this goes back to the big money to be made in early beetles argument maybe???[/quoteth

Hi Jo here,i think this is going bit too far..the seller was happy with the price and thats all what we could afford!!!!!!
The bug is stunning,i truly feel its worth more,if that offends anyone,Im sorry.We are not rich or pretend to be and every penny counts,like i said before,somethings only worth what someone is willing to pay.As u will know,there is no given priceguide for such like (ovals,splits etc.)
I love the oval,but I,m in love with my fiance,and i dont get the two confused "LOL"

oval dude 71 wrote:

jo,i wasnt trying to upset anyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

my point was both parties involvd are happy,but recently have seen a lot of cars sold that were very nice then sold on/advertised at a much higher price the next day and the worry is that soon the cars are just going to get so expensive that only people with big pockets should apply

i have no grief with you making money as we all like to,i was only questioning the opening statement like others
Car less.....
oval dude 71
15 years ago

jo,i wasnt trying to upset anyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

my point was both parties involvd are happy,but recently have seen a lot of cars sold that were very nice then sold on/advertised at a much higher price the next day and the worry is that soon the cars are just going to get so expensive that only people with big pockets should apply

i have no grief with you making money as we all like to,i was only questioning the opening statement like others

69project wrote:

I can see where you coming from,it just really pisses me of when people judge us,not knowing anything about us/our situation.
Regarding the statement,we where only asking is anyone going to the show.I am glad we didnt post a thread stating we were going to make it in to a wizard lol.Mind some so called enthusiast would think this is ok.

I have calmed down now..lol
mrsherbie
15 years ago
There is no crime here in buying a car to sell, just some blatant heartlessness gone on here that would have been avoided if you had actually read a few threads on this very forum before posting preaching love for your new car.

We sell cars on, although only very ocassionally cars bought on home turf, and I also get excited about every one! :d but I know we just cant keep them all and still pay the house bills. But it is fun using them for a while in between :d
But we dont make out when we buy these odd few from the owners that they are keepers, and put them up for sale again within days! These are even basic flipper rules if you are an enthusiast yourself!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
oval dude 71
15 years ago

There is no crime here in buying a car to sell, just some blatant heartlessness gone on here that would have been avoided if you had actually read a few threads on this very forum before posting preaching love for your new car.

We sell cars on, although only very ocassionally cars bought on home turf, and I also get excited about every one! :d but I know we just cant keep them all and still pay the house bills. But it is fun using them for a while in between :d
But we dont make out when we buy these odd few from the owners that they are keepers, and put them up for sale again within days! These are even basic flipper rules if you are an enthusiast yourself!

We realise our crime now.. and our bum cheeks are red raw now....do you wanna buy a oval lol... :wink:

mrsherbie wrote:

oval dude 71
15 years ago

oval dude 71 wrote:

And we got two kids for sale,one ginger and one blonde,both due to pig flu.lol :d
Standard split
15 years ago

Right!!!! Jo here again,you really pissed me offfffffffff!!!!!!!difference is I DRIVE my oval dont WANK over it !!!!!!

oval dude 71 wrote:

This type of comment sums up the type of person that we are dealing with here :shock:

Rattletrap โ€“ the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950โ€ฆ the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW โ€“ he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
15 years ago

I DRIVE my oval dont WANK over it!!!!!!!!

oval dude 71 wrote:

:roll: This ain't Volkszone luv.
You just lost all creditability.