tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Access to the boot area through the glovebox door is nice :d, but, in case I ever spot someone selling a RHD liner:

What's a fair price for one of these?
Is there any year-correctness I should be concerned with, the car is April '55?

I can't help think that by calling it a "glovebox (liner)" I'm using UK-centric terminology for this bit of rocking-horse doo-dah, perhaps other RHD countries called them something different?

cheers,
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
14 years ago
If you leave the door open,you'll have air conditioning for your HOT drive to HO this summer.
Worry about it next winter.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

If you leave the door open,you'll have air conditioning for your HOT drive to HO this summer.
Worry about it next winter.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Air con in the summer is good but this is taken care of courtesy of the ragtop! :wink:

However not only is it handy for reaching though to get stuff, it also mean that the boot can be crammed full with no risk or bending either the welded strap or the liner itself.

So im in no rush to replace it! Anyway, with the crap old pre 60 seals it will just get wet anyway! :lol: :roll:
William
55Kab
14 years ago
As far as I know there is no difference in RHD Oval glove box liners. Should have been enough cars broken up over the years for someone to have one laying around. I did see one on the Samba recently.

tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Do you mean RHD liners are the same as LHD? Or do you mean that they didn't change them over the years? :d
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Do you mean RHD liners are the same as LHD? Or do you mean that they didn't change them over the years? :d

tman wrote:

They differ from LHD to RHD but there are no differences from 53-57

Maybe someone with a good one would make a batch of a few, not expensive materials and im sure there would be a lucritive matket for them! Most are either lost or water damaged and later 58-67 ones are hard enough to get in RHD with the correct shape!
William
55Kab
14 years ago

They differ from LHD to RHD but there are no differences from 53-57

Maybe someone with a good one would make a batch of a few, not expensive materials and im sure there would be a lucritive matket for them!

54 Gertie wrote:

As Will says, they are handed for LH/RHD but all RHD liners are the same.

There's a repro LHD liner available which I think is made out of fibreglass but nothing in RHD so perhaps there is a market. Samba's a good place to look as you get get a lot of people from Aus and SA on there.

Still think with a bit of searching you should be able to turn up a nice one here though (well there!).