Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Bude, Cornwall......theres no point thinking of stealing my car, as Gav only has 50% of it, i have the other 50% here in warks :lol:

Seriously, you wont get better workmanship or service from anyone else 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
found an old pic the previous owner posted, just to keep the focus going :d

UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago
Nice work as usual from Gav, I can't wait to see some paint on it.

Assume Rob you're only painting the repaired area's?

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
yer, just paint where needed and blend the repairs, wanna keep as much as the og paint as poss.

The idea from the beginning was to make it as clean on the underside as the topside :)

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
After deciding the running board mats on the car needed replacing, ive purchased some new beige ones, and also splashed out on some new chromes trims for them. should make the car look alot cleaner 😎
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

After deciding the running board mats on the car needed replacing, ive purchased some new beige ones, and also splashed out on some new chromes trims for them. should make the car look alot cleaner 😎

Robb wrote:

Good decision!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

i know alot of people like the traditional black ones, but after seeing Roy Wilsons colour coded ones i couldnt resist 😎
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Bude, Cornwall......theres no point thinking of stealing my car, as Gav only has 50% of it, i have the other 50% here in warks :lol:

Seriously, you wont get better workmanship or service from anyone else 😎

Robb wrote:

Damn; plan foiled 😛

Roy's car is a great car to aspire to; wish I had the dosh to bring mine up to yours and his standards.

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
small update, but being doing lots of little jobs that take ages.

firstly i had a bag of misc bits to clean up, so they all got de-greased and then a session on the wirewheel.......the horn then got repainted in zinc coloured paint

UserPostedImage

then the last bit of the original interior needed a slight repair, the rear door cards had some loose foam, and also the vinyl was peeling on a small section, so out came the glue

UserPostedImage

and finally, the brake fluid reservoir got sandblasted then a coat of paint

UserPostedImage

trying to get all the little time consuming jobs ticked off, ready for when the body comes back. 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
another detail job completed, ive had some of the original decals replicated

UserPostedImage

55Kab
13 years ago
^^^ nice detail.

Looking forward to seeing the painted pics from Pasty Land, can't be too far off now eh Rob? :wink:

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
thanks martin :)

not sure, Gav has a little metalwork to finish off in the drivers rear wheelarch, then its time for paint. Its being done around other projects to keep costs down.

Im so pleased with the work so far 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Well Gav has been reshaping and modifying the channels to make them look like originals.

An og heater vent has been grafted in, and the hump removed

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

the underseal has been scraped off the underside of the sparewheel well, and has been sandblasted along with the area around the tank supports

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

:)
Lickety Split
13 years ago
Ha! So, this where you've been and what you've been doing.

Great stuff Rob. Really enjoyed reading this thread. Has inspired me to push through my hangover and get out in the garage and do a spot of work on my bus. Great stuff mate.

:)

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
i cant take any credit for the work to the body, its all down to Gav.

I saw it in the flesh at the weekend, im over the moon with the work hes done, all of the repairs are invisible! Should be back with me sometime this month 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
so more work......gav has finished smoothing the heater channel, using an nos section

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

he also ran into a problem, as 65-67 rear bumper mounts are totally different, even including the inner wing section, so the hookeys inner wing panel i got had to be modded

notice the difference

UserPostedImage

so a section was used, and grafted in

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

and finished with some og mounts that are correct, which i bought off martin :)
UserPostedImage

next he moved onto the inner wing body mount. all three skins needed work

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

before and after
UserPostedImage

then an og mount i sourced was dug out and sandblasted
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

gotta use og metal where possible. repro panels dont even look right. and then with the mount fitted

UserPostedImage

more later in the week i believe. Gav is trying to get this finished very soon, as hes got a barndoor coming in from Oslo. Paint should be flying next week! cant wait 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
I bare metalled the running boards, and threw away the old rubbers. Spent a bit of time straightening them before priming and painting them in satin black. Next the new sand beige rubbers will be fitted.

UserPostedImage
Ivan
13 years ago
There's still a few '67 bits in my shed that you might want. let me know if there's anything in particular you're after - suspension, stock brakes, etc.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
thanks Ivan, you have pm.

fingers crossed it will be finished for Volksworld Show 2011 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
aiming to reunite the body and chassis on the 20th Nov fingers crossed 😎