I saw that Devon Pick up first John! Go and find your own one.:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Standard split
13 years ago

Defintiely a regular read for me.

I saw that Devon Pick up first John! Go and find your own one.:lol:

JD wrote:

I've had the Devon car, the Devon van and I'd just love the pick-up8)

I know of a Morris Minor pick-up, do you a trade :twisted:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

I've had the Devon car, the Devon van and I'd just love the pick-up8)

I know of a Morris Minor pick-up, do you a trade :twisted:

Standard split wrote:

Nah! I´d like a Dorset though.
UserPostedImage
Standard split
13 years ago

Nah! I´d like a Dorset though.

JD wrote:

You like things that are hard to come by, don't you :roll:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
ha ha, thanks guys.

unfortunately the pickup isnt for sale, but its used on a regular basis carrying stuff around, solid as a rock too! 😎
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

You like things that are hard to come by, don't you :roll:

Standard split wrote:

Yes, unfortunately, I do rather.:cry:
UserPostedImage
Standard split
13 years ago

ha ha, thanks guys.

unfortunately the pickup isnt for sale, but its used on a regular basis carrying stuff around, solid as a rock too! 😎

Robb wrote:

Is it yours, lucky man 😎

Standard split
13 years ago

Yes, unfortunately, I do rather.:cry:

JD wrote:

Cheer-up, if its Robb's, I'm sure he'll be tempted by something. Have you a 1938/9 Beetle just laying around:p

Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Quick update, apart from filling the gearbox with oil, the rolling chassis is finished. All ready for the body, aiming for VW Action weekend to put the body on the chassis.

Pedal assembly was all stripped and restored & all the tar boards were refitted.

UserPostedImage
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Anymore updates Robb? It's been a while...
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Gav has been busy working on other cars, as hes doing mine as a fill in job. Hes got some great stuff in the workshop at the mo, RHD Oval Rag, Squareblack has been in for touchups, a 62 vert. Spoke to him yesterday and hes gonna do some more on the 67 bug this week 😎

Going to replace the front valance seal strip now, as its a little rusty. Pics soon.

Until then, ive just sent these pics to a guy in the states, as hes gonna replicate them for me.

UserPostedImage

I've also had these done too-

UserPostedImage

The disc has even been stamped with the dealers town, and correct date of registration.

the devil is in the detail 😉
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Better hope you don´t get done for back tax!:lol:
UserPostedImage
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Gav has been busy working on other cars, as hes doing mine as a fill in job. Hes got some great stuff in the workshop at the mo, RHD Oval Rag, Squareblack has been in for touchups, a 62 vert. Spoke to him yesterday and hes gonna do some more on the 67 bug this week 😎

Going to replace the front valance seal strip now, as its a little rusty. Pics soon.

Until then, ive just sent these pics to a guy in the states, as hes gonna replicate them for me.

UserPostedImage

I've also had these done too-

UserPostedImage

The disc has even been stamped with the dealers town, and correct date of registration.

the devil is in the detail ;)

Robb wrote:

Love it.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Great work Rob!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Thanks Rich,

more updates from Trailer Queen Restos coming shortly, as i hear gav has finished off the washer bottle area and front valance :d

Just the drivers side rear inner wing to go 😎
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
right, Gav has sent me some more photos.

I managed to locate a washer bottle panel cut from an original car, as the repro panels arent even worth using!

UserPostedImage

Also the spare wheel well edge needed repair

UserPostedImage

Again a panel from an original car was used

UserPostedImage

Both pieces were sandblasted

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The new panel needed a little repair

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Gav has also finished off the inner wing and bulkhead

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

heres the before pic

UserPostedImage

While he was at it, Gav suggested that the hood seal metal channel should be replaced, so i ordered a new one from Status and Gav fitted it on

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Gavs just gotta finish off the drivers side rear inner wing, then itll be all sorted 😎

To say im pleased is an understatement :d
Dakota
13 years ago
Hi Robb
I find your restoration feature of some interest since I want to get on with my bug soon and repair it to a similar high standard, I know you were going to go for heater channels sold through Status and de hump them I was wondering how that went and do you have any pictures of them, thanks Bill.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi Bill, reshaping and Modding the status channel is gavs next job. I found some original style vents which will be grafted in. On the pass side the og channel was repairs and the front section was replaced using an nos piece. Once finished, you won't be able to tell the difference between the og channel and the repro.

If you want the best repair work in the business, give gav a call.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
More updates from Gav,

hes started prepping for paint, just a little bit of filler work

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

and the washer bottle area that had been previously bodged up with filler and fibreglass

UserPostedImage

im over the moon, cant wait to get the shell back on the pan now 😎
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Looking really good Robb.

Whereabouts are Trailer Queen Resto's based?