heb623
14 years ago
Thanks for the correction! :wink: .... or maybe yours is wrong too!!:lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
SplitPersonality
14 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong but is this inside looking like supposed?
Doesn't it has to be flat for a 49?

heb623 wrote:

The change from "flat" to "shelf" occured in March 49 - didn't it?
Standard split
14 years ago

Thanks for the correction! :wink: .... or maybe yours is wrong too!!:lol:

heb623 wrote:

My '49 is 100% unrestored, but maybe later in the year:o

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
usariemen
14 years ago

The change from "flat" to "shelf" occured in March 49 - didn't it?

SplitPersonality wrote:

The change was more in late may / early june.
My may 1949 sedan has the flat wall.
For dec 49 the "shelf" style is OK but the Heb badge should had been on the bottom and where
it actually is, there should be the body number stamped.
Master of my domaine.
heb623
14 years ago
Like this

:twisted: ET  84682698_2bd38b5c2c.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
14 years ago
Maybe I am annoying and don't shoot[-x me but I am bored!!:shock:
Suppose this is the passengers side door window! Isn't there anything wrong than?

DSC_0100[1].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
14 years ago

Maybe I am annoying and don't shoot[-x me but I am bored!!:shock:
Suppose this is the passengers side door window! Isn't there anything wrong than?

heb623 wrote:

Your looking in that mirror again ET.:wink:
356boy
  • 356boy
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
i bet it sells within a couple of weeks though, george doenst LA collect them?
GKL 7
14 years ago
Certainly does,probably make a move on it.
Standard split
14 years ago

Certainly does,probably make a move on it.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Just buy it together with Rob, share it, you take it to one show, and Rob the next :d

Personally, the gorgeous '52 red and black cabrio on the Samba would be the better car to have, with some change left :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
vintagebug
14 years ago

i bet it sells within a couple of weeks though, george doenst LA collect them?

Does that mean that'll be another one disappearing into a collection, never to be seen again? 😞

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Standard split
14 years ago

Does that mean that'll be another one disappearing into a collection, never to be seen again? 😞

vintagebug wrote:

Shame, it keeps happening. The amount of rare cars in circulation and appearing at shows is getting smaller as they're hidden away :evil:

pre67vw
14 years ago

Shame, it keeps happening. The amount of rare cars in circulation and appearing at shows is getting smaller as they're hidden away :evil:

Standard split wrote:

pot, meet kettle... :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vintagebug
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

Very true! :wink: Come on John, your public wants to see your cars at some shows... :shock:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
55Kab
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

:lol: Yep, you got him fairly and squarely there...!!!

Standard split
14 years ago

:lol: Yep, you got him fairly and squarely there...!!!

55Kab wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Egg on face springs to mind :evil:

GKL 7
14 years ago
RockStock
14 years ago
yes, roll out that 49 Johnny! Stanford Hall! imagine the buzz you'd get!
StockRocks
overrestored
14 years ago
I am nervous about shows in big cities now because I hate driving the car on the freeway.

I drove my Beeskow the 400 mile round trip to the Treffen a few years ago... and narrowly missed it being totalled. I was caught in the middle of a huge multi car wreck on the 101 freeway near Los Angeles and only made it through because I tucked in behind a huge Chevy Suburban that plowed through the cars in front of us. My car was not even touched but hubcaps and bits from other cars were flying all around me!

When you are driving in a rare car... on the freeway... there is ALWAYS somebody sitting right in your blind spot... taking a picture... or pointing... if you are in a middle lane on a multi lane freeway usually there are two cars... one in each blind spot! and so you really need to pay attention when you change lanes. Also... people are looking at your car... and not at the cars ahead... I can't tell you how many times I have seen people almost crash into the car in front of them while looking at my car. It is SCARY! also... they hit the brakes when they see your car... and the people behind them don't understand... and almost crash into them or swerve to go around them and almost hit you

I suppose I could buy an enclosed trailer... and a truck to tow it with... and go that route. But I made a vow to myself to never trailer the car... to always drive it. If I did have a trailer... I think it would be easier to get to through LA without such a "scene"... but it seems kind of sad.

I prefer the smaller shows... where I can drive on single lane roads... in the country. Like Solvang... or the local shows... or even the 356 Porsche shows... always in a small town. (like Bad Camberg or Hessich Oldendorf) Much more fun than driving to a show in the middle of a huge city... and much safer for the cars.

At the BIG vw shows... I have had people who don't understand Rometsch cars... sit on the fenders... to have their picture taken. I know they don't mean to be rude... they just don't understand that it is an aluminum car... but this doesn't happen at the vintage shows. I have had people dent the car when their big 35mm camera swings off of their neck as they bend over the car.... the camera crashing into the fender. I have had people open the door...put their kids in the car so they can take their picture... and the kid pulls the Rosenthal porcelain but vase off the dash and throws it on the floor... mom and dad just laugh while I am running back to the car from a few cars away... crazy! I have had a petri horn button stolen (and accessories)... at major VW shows in Southern CA.

These are the reasons rare cars don't show up at shows. I don't think it is the value of the cars. When I drive my double cab to a show... I never have a problem. Nobody cares about it... nobody really notices it. Nobody wants a picture of their 4 year old kid in it. Nobody is trying to open the hood. I can relax and have a nice time at the show and see my friends and go to the swap meet.
It is really nice to take a regular vw to a show... much more fun...much easier and mellower. You are not a circus on the freeway... or at the show.

I do still think it is important for the cars to be at the shows.... so I others can enjoy it... but I can understand why the rarer and more valuable cars are not always at shows. I hesitate to yell at people for not bringing their rare treasures out. It is sad... but I understand.

protect me from what I want
pre67vw
14 years ago

At the BIG vw shows... I have had people who don't understand Rometsch cars... sit on the fenders... to have their picture taken. I know they don't mean to be rude... they just don't understand that it is an aluminum car... but this doesn't happen at the vintage shows. I have had people dent the car when their big 35mm camera swings off of their neck as they bend over the car.... the camera crashing into the fender. I have had people open the door...put their kids in the car so they can take their picture... and the kid pulls the Rosenthal porcelain but vase off the dash and throws it on the floor... mom and dad just laugh while I am running back to the car from a few cars away... crazy! I have had a petri horn button stolen (and accessories)... at major VW shows in Southern CA.

These are the reasons rare cars don't show up at shows. I don't think it is the value of the cars. When I drive my double cab to a show... I never have a problem. Nobody cares about it... nobody really notices it. Nobody wants a picture of their 4 year old kid in it. Nobody is trying to open the hood. I can relax and have a nice time at the show and see my friends and go to the swap meet.
It is really nice to take a regular vw to a show... much more fun...much easier and mellower. You are not a circus on the freeway... or at the show.

overrestored wrote:

That's incredible! Just shows a complete lack of respect for someone else's property. It doesn't matter if you understand Rometsch cars or not, you don't sit on someone elses fenders - or let your kid in the car without permission. I've not been to a show in the UK or Europe where this sort of thing happens (or at least not that I'm aware of). Bug Jam in the UK has problems, but these are usually drug/alcohol induced and not the sort of show you'll ever see a concours Rometsch anyway.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW