overrestored
14 years ago
I'm a bit embarassed to mention that I am the fellow who told Bill Collins to try driving a 356. I waxed on and on about our 1959 356 Convt. D and what a totally different driving experience it is compared to the driving experience of a split vw... blah blah blah... So he went out and drove a 356... and then ended up buying a Convt. D!

Little did I know that he would sell off his vw's!

I do still say that one of the best driving experiences in the world... is an A series 356 Porsche. They are truly the funnest cars I have ever driven. Better than a 300SL... better than any other car of the period. They love to be driven on the edge... if you haven't had the chance to drive a well sorted 356A on the edge... well go figure out a way to do it.... and if it means selling your heb to afford buying the 356... well just make sure Rob is the first person you call when you want to sell it! :lol:

protect me from what I want
Standard split
14 years ago

yes, roll out that 49 Johnny! Stanford Hall! imagine the buzz you'd get!

RockStock wrote:

You've got more of a chance seeing me walk a hundred yards on the surface of the river Avon:roll:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Ferdinand Porsche is driving Elvis Presley to Stanford Hall in a VW38:twisted:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378