Rich Oakley
13 years ago
I've been silently nit-picking this one all day, but it's a fabulous car that's mostly correct :lol: ..
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1077245 
UserPostedImage

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
13 years ago
How much Rich?
Last Triumph
13 years ago
$74,900.....

I'll take two...
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

How much Rich?

'50 Karmann wrote:

$75k. Buy it George!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
13 years ago

$75k.

Rich Oakley wrote:

I'd have to come out of retirement.:wink:
mrsherbie
13 years ago
Nice £50k though which I would sink into a kab, coachbuilt or porsche over a vw for safety personally. I am not saying in $'s its too much for such a rare & nice looking car, just that our £ is the killer now.

But equally despite condition the black oval is way over for me too. Again, not so much the car but the £. I feel that £15k is the absolute top for a tintop oval. Especially late & black.

Exceptional vw's do still seem to command far more money in the US though. Thats pretty much always been the case though has'nt it?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
13 years ago

just that our £ is the killer now.

mrsherbie wrote:

Yep,the U.S is a bit out of bounds at the moment.
When i imported the '47,Rich has now,i got 2 bucks to the £.Haven't looked today but i've rather given up on the exchange rate.My old man used to tell me about the days when $4=£1,Oh!if only.

Only consolation....because it's pre '50 the VAT rate will be lower(can't remember but it should be either 6 or 8%,forget)
Rattletrap
13 years ago

$74,900.....

I'll take two...

Last Triumph wrote:

There's another…:?: :shock:
:lol:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Robb
13 years ago
This car is owned by Richard Hatel, real nice guy and very trust worthy. His car is well worth the money, right now im off to see the bank manager :lol:
mrsherbie
13 years ago

Yep,the U.S is a bit out of bounds at the moment.
When i imported the '47,Rich has now,i got 2 bucks to the £.

'50 Karmann wrote:

It was exactly $2 or maybe (1.99.99) when we bought the 356. It started to drop immediately after if I remember!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

It was exactly $2 or maybe (1.99.99) when we bought the 356. It started to drop immediately after if I remember!

mrsherbie wrote:

You'll get about $1.56 to the £1 today. I bought my Ghia around the same time as your 356 Anna and I got $2.05 to the £1.:smile: US bus prices still lag behind UK prices.:?
John.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

…This car is well worth the money, right now im off to see the bank manager :lol:

Robb wrote:

Would be if the exchange rate was better. I'd love this car, even more with a less shiny paint finish:sneaky:

As I mentioned on this car's sister thread (under the pre '53 forum,:wink:) I think that the seats and panels should be the salt 'n' pepper pattern cloth. The stripes, I'm sure, came in with the Standard model 1949:arrow:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago

This car is owned by Richard Hatel, real nice guy and very trust worthy. His car is well worth the money, right now im off to see the bank manager :lol:

Robb wrote:

How Did you Get on with your Bank Manager Rob ?
"Mr Stock"