cupa65
  • cupa65
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Must stop myself surfing the internet. You end up seeing stuff you want to buy.

Check out this car

https://www.holygrailgarage.com/1957_Oval__ALL_Original_.html 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
That's a stunning car.

I was speaking to Brendan who is advertising it yesterday, he's got some great motors.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Just waiting for the first response saying how it´s been "destroyed" by fitting new tyres.:wink:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
cupa65
  • cupa65
13 years ago
I'm having to stop myself emailing for shipping costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Triumph
13 years ago
Wow, that's just superb.

Similar to mine only cosmetically much newer, fresher and without the dents in the wings / patina paint, wear and tear etc - what a lovely car.

£17,000 + shipping, + VAT....

I don't feel so guilty for what I spent on mine now... LOL

I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
55Kab
13 years ago
Very nice car. Interesting to see the running board mats go rightttttt to the very ends of the running boards and are touching the wings.

cupa65
  • cupa65
13 years ago
Would have been better when the exchange rate was at $2.00!!!
mrsherbie
13 years ago

Very nice car. Interesting to see the running board mats go rightttttt to the very ends of the running boards and are touching the wings.

55Kab wrote:

Mine look the same too, so pre55 is same. I will have to replace one side rubber unfortunately. Did you order BBT ones?

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
55Kab
13 years ago

Mine look the same too, so pre55 is same. I will have to replace one side rubber unfortunately. Did you order BBT ones?

mrsherbie wrote:

Yes but (as usual!) they don't fit like originals. I'm using the "best" German running boards with the BBT mats and getting them ready to go on the car is a job Ben is doing right now, and I can tell you that between my OG wings the mats are 6-7mm short each end (same as the boards themselves) which is fine in itself but clearly not original.

pre67vw
13 years ago

Yes but (as usual!) they don't fit like originals.

55Kab wrote:

You'll lose points for that 😳

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
55Kab
13 years ago

You'll lose points for that 😳

pre67vw wrote:

:lol: Probably but what can you do?

Good originals are non existing and even I don't have the funds to start a production line of correct boards and mats to cover an extra 10mm or so :lol:

Last Triumph
13 years ago

:lol: Probably but what can you do?

Good originals are non existing and even I don't have the funds to start a production line of correct boards and mats to cover an extra 10mm or so :lol:

55Kab wrote:

Guy in America is now making perfect original running boards - thread in the Oval section of thesamba'
I can supply...
PM me for details...
55Kab
13 years ago

Guy in America is now making perfect original running boards - thread in the Oval section of thesamba'

Last Triumph wrote:

Not the States Andy, it's Mika from Finland. Mika's making boards but not mats so I will the have the problem of the boards being longer than the BBT mats!

At the BBT mats are more of less the same length as the German boards I've got, I'm going to go with them until a pefect solution is available.

Last Triumph
13 years ago

Not the States Andy, it's Mika from Finland. Mika's making boards but not mats so I will the have the problem of the boards being longer than the BBT mats!

At the BBT mats are more of less the same length as the German boards I've got, I'm going to go with them until a pefect solution is available.

55Kab wrote:

Ah - my bad.... everyone from thesamba is from Sacremento don't you know... :lol:

Makes me glad I've still got the original boards and mats on my car - albiet looking a little tired... bless!
I can supply...
PM me for details...
mrsherbie
13 years ago
Hmm I am going to leave my really tatty bad one then that has rubber missing & fallen off. Especially as the car is probably rarely going anywhere anyway.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

55Kab wrote:

There is a guy in Germany doing all kinds of (AFAIK) correct running board rubbers. I´ll see if I can dig up an address.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
I think it was this guy?

https://www.kaefervwrostfrei.de/index_e.html 

Do these look right?
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago

I think it was this guy?

https://www.kaefervwrostfrei.de/index_e.html 

Do these look right?

JD wrote:

Those look right, but there's no way to tell I guess until your ready to fit them if they are long enough.

Maybe drop him a mail Martin, and get him to take a pair to Bad Camberg to see if they measure up? :wink:

(I prefer the old 'wink' smilie. :twisted: )
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

(I prefer the old 'wink' smilie. :twisted: )

54 Gertie wrote:

The new one looks more like "stroke victim" smiley.
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago

The new one looks more like "stroke victim" smiley.

JD wrote:

He'll go nicely with:

'Stop, drop and roll' smilie

:rofl:

Wanker smilie

:thumbdn:

And last but certainly not least, Karl Pilkington smilie.

'Whut?'

:mellow:

William