Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
12 years ago
i was there the day before Jay Leno came to the Autostadt. I was speaking to the curator of the museum when he was getting the 38 out the museum- hadnt been started for 3 years, new battery and some fuel and it started straight up :thumbup:

what was disappointing about the Autostadt and the auto museum in wolfsburg, i thought Bob Shaills Stoll and Keith Seumes Split were meant to be in there?
GKL 7
12 years ago

Bob Shaills Stoll and Keith Seumes Split were meant to be in there?

Robb wrote:

They rotate the stock,so as to speak Rob.
Another visit and the Stoll may be out on display.
Have flat4 sold the Ex KS car?last i heard it was there.

Robb
12 years ago
thats a shame to keep some "locked" away.

thanks for the info George :thumbup:
pre67vw
12 years ago
Last I remember, the Stoll was at the old museum up the road.

UserPostedImage

Was the '38 on display at Autostadt?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Bjoern
12 years ago

i was there the day before Jay Leno came to the Autostadt. I was speaking to the curator of the museum when he was getting the 38 out the museum- hadnt been started for 3 years, new battery and some fuel and it started straight up :thumbup:

what was disappointing about the Autostadt and the auto museum in wolfsburg, i thought Bob Shaills Stoll and Keith Seumes Split were meant to be in there?

Robb wrote:

The Autostadt-, Stiftung Automuseum, Volkswagen Heritage (Hannover) and Volkswagen Classic owns houndreds of cars and only for a handfull of cars there is place for a display. The cars in exposition of Autostadt allways changes so that the Zeithaus-Museum is interesting even for these vistiors who have been there before. The barns,warehaouses and halls where the other cars are stocked a hidden and not open for the public. Some of them are special safe like the garage where the Bugatti Royal is located in Wolfsburg...
Robb
12 years ago

Last I remember, the Stoll was at the old museum up the road.

Was the '38 on display at Autostadt?

pre67vw wrote:

yer the 38 was in the autostadt, and i was disappointed by the museum down the road, complete let down. and not a stoll in sight! :thumbdn:
pre67vw
12 years ago

and i was disappointed by the museum down the road, complete let down. :thumbdn:

Robb wrote:

Why? I thought it was great!!

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago
This is only my opinion,but i think it is better to visit the Grundmanns collection than the Volkswagen museum and autostadt.
The Grundmann building just has that certain feeling about it.It just feels soooo right.
Don't get me wrong i like the Wolfsburg exhibits,but if i could choose only one,it would be Hessisch.
Robb
12 years ago

Why? I thought it was great!!

pre67vw wrote:

because alot of the vehicles that are shown on the video were not there. plenty of gaps.

the 51 vert wasnt there either. just had higher expectations i guess. 😞

a bit like Bad Camberg, dont get me wrong, it was very good, but not as good as i expected.

Alot of the HVC members i spoke to said that Hessich was miles better also, so def got that one on the calender :thumbup: