AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Adjusted the brakes and greased it round :d

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago
Jacked it up to see why I have a worrying amount of play at the steering wheel, seems like I need a new steering box...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Rob You can adjust them in situ if that's all it is :cry:

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago
It seems to be well beyond adjustment, about 5" of play at the steering wheel.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Old Blue
10 years ago
Old Blue hit a rather deep pot hole this morning.

Steering is now pulling to the left, so you can guess what I'll be doing tomorrow.:thumbdn:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Sorry to hear that old Blue 😞 Hope its an easy fix :thumbup:

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago

Jacked it up to see why I have a worrying amount of play at the steering wheel, seems like I need a new steering box...

pre67vw wrote:

Fitted the steering box last night, feels much better - although the bolt that holds the pitman arm is pretty kippered. Any ideas where I can get a new one?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sunroof53
10 years ago

Fitted the steering box last night, feels much better - although the bolt that holds the pitman arm is pretty kippered. Any ideas where I can get a new one?

pre67vw wrote:

Try Brammer in Cambridge 01223 210511.Take the old bolt with you so you get the right tensile strength and pitch as they may be a fine pitch.The bolt when cleaned up will have some numbers on the head .A standard bolt will say 8.8 but I suspect it will be a 10.9 or even a 12.9.You can get the lock tab from heritage .

Mike.
Old Blue
10 years ago

Sorry to hear that old Blue 😞 Hope its an easy fix :thumbup:

Andy W

AW wrote:

Old Blue's a bent rod and a split/tear in the tyre. A local road so I have notified the council. I'd think a cyclist could well be thrown off, the hole is a big'un:thumbdn:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Have you taken a photo of the road and the damage to your car? Try and submit a clame from the council

Andy W
ianmac
10 years ago
Decided that I hated the nasty repro big logo hubcaps on the bus so I had a good root around in the shed and found 3 genuine OG correct hub caps, so after a polish and a paint of the logos I stuck them on...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And then this evening my brother turned up trumps with the missing forth hubcap:thumbup:
Old Blue
10 years ago
Back onto Old Blue's pot hole damage today.

Hoping to get to Sweetcorn tomorrow, in the MG if Old Blue isn't up to it. Jon's away in the '56.

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
You got any photos of the work that's had to be done on the car Old Blue ???????????

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Just my luck went to a show on Sunday and got up to a heady 60mph on the motorway and the old girl spat her o-s-f hub cap off. What a noise it made as is clatterd to the center Armco 😶 . Any one got one doing nothing ???? Dose not have to be mint just look presentable.

Andy W
Old Blue
10 years ago
Old Blue is back on the road:smile:

Old Blue is making a knocking noise down the front end:?

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
You are not speed testing over road humps :omg:

Andy W
Old Blue
10 years ago

You are not speed testing over road humps :omg:

Andy W

AW wrote:

We have those chassis width humps up the road now. Jon can't get his lowered oval over them too well, whereas Old Blue gets over nicely.

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Put some proper size tyres on the front :d

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago
Spent most of the day trying to get my door hinge pin out, with no luck. :thumbdn:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago

Spent most of the day trying to get my door hinge pin out, with no luck. :thumbdn:

pre67vw wrote:

You don't need to use the door Rob you aint got a roof :d

Andy W