Happiness is a stock VW
SixtyFive
10 years ago
stock exhaust is refitted! 😃
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Just been for a drive round just for the fun of it :d .

Andy W
10 years ago
I MOTd this on Friday and have been driving it all weekend...

Went to Knebworth classic car show today..

UserPostedImage

:smile:
www.vwoval.co.uk
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Were you fiddeling with the carb when this photo was taken???

Andy W
10 years ago

Were you fiddeling with the carb when this photo was taken???

Andy W

AW wrote:

Probably!

Its been off the road 5 years... I've fiddled with the carb, Set rockers, given it points, condensor, rotor, cap and coil.. its still running rough, but its better... the 5 year old fuel probably isnt helping...
www.vwoval.co.uk
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Havent touched the cars today, but I just collected a pair of NOS Mexican Heater channels ... :smile:
www.vwoval.co.uk
Old Blue
10 years ago
Last Sunday found that the oval required a new front wheel bearing - though I'd done both not that long ago I'm certain. Bad pitting found on the not very old bearing, and evidence of some grit in the grease:?

Clinical conditions required when fitting bearings...:roll:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
10 years ago
What's the problem.
Using cheap bearings or not doing the job correctly?
Old Blue
10 years ago

What's the problem.
Using cheap bearings or not doing the job correctly?

GKL 7 wrote:

I remember now showing Jon how to replace the front wheel bearings. I did one side as he helped, and I left him to do the other. I think he must have picked up some grit off the garage floor.

But at least he has a go at doing jobs himself.:wink:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

harveypj
10 years ago
You sure he changed it .....rub a bit of grease on the old hands...no Dad can't see me...doody doody doo....hide that in there.."finished Dad" :d
might find a new bearing VERY simillar to the one you need hiding in the garage.:lol:

only joking
Stock......the new custom
GKL 7
10 years ago
Blaming the lad 😳
Old Blue
10 years ago

You sure he changed it .....rub a bit of grease on the old hands...no Dad can't see me...doody doody doo....hide that in there.."finished Dad" :d
might find a new bearing VERY simillar to the one you need hiding in the garage.:lol:

only joking

harveypj wrote:

Well amusing:rofl:

Seriously though, Jon treasures the oval and is always fussing over it. Of course its my fault the bearing needs doing again. (I'll be looking out for that spare to conveniently turn up!)

Old Blue
10 years ago
Job done (by me...) fitted roller type again though I prefer the ball race type.

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Took her for a spin to Newark Auto Jumble last Sunday.  Resize Wizard-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ianmac
10 years ago
Replaced the leaking less than 2 year old petrol hose between fuel tank and floor pan :evil:

Hope the new stuff is better than the 'old' :roll:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Put her to Bed.  Resize Wizard-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
10 years ago
What's in the two containers on the garage floor Andy?

:omg:

Don't you have near-by toilet facilities:cry:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Cooking oil for the Merc :wink:

Andy W