AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Stripped off the stearing box and front drums. Ordered new wheel cylinders and front hub seals. Also got a replacment box coming.:d

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
My Parts have come :d. Just got to fit them now :cry:

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Wheel cylinders front hub oil seals and stearing box fitted. Its like a new car.8)

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Fitted a new stop lamp switch. :d

Andy W
Robb
10 years ago
jacked the whole thing up, removed the wheels and started cleaning the underside :unsure:
Old Blue
10 years ago

jacked the whole thing up, removed the wheels and started cleaning the underside :unsure:

Originally Posted by: Robb 

Jon keeps the underside of the 56 cleaner than he keeps the body. In fact he keeps the exterior paint positively dirty! Sorry, I mean patina'd as he calls it (if there's such a word?)
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
9 years ago
Went to a local club meet last night  10374058_10203526577697896_2259336594112335797_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Old Blue
9 years ago
Found what appears to be a rear wheel cylinder leak on the Oval - can't get the big rear axle nut off though. I'm off to find a long pipe or piece of scaffold pole...
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
9 years ago

Found what appears to be a rear wheel cylinder leak on the Oval - can't get the big rear axle nut off though. I'm off to find a long pipe or piece of scaffold pole...

Originally Posted by: Old Blue 

You will still need to use a socket and a cracking bar :d
Old Blue
9 years ago

You will still need to use a socket and a cracking bar :d

Originally Posted by: AW 

Well of course I did, plus a nice length of old heavy steel scaffold pole that I was fortunate to find in a nearby skip!

Even so it was murder, but I eventually got the rather battered nut off. Fortunately I had a spare nut for replacement.

The wheel cylinder was indeed leaking brake fluid. Cylinder dismantled in situ and a wheel cylinder repair kit (new rubber seals etc) used. All back together fine and Jon out 'cruising' again in the car.