isaac
  • isaac
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
Hi everyone. Does anyone know where I can get a new reserve fuel tap for my 1959 Beetle? The only place i've found selling them is Bughaus in America. I was hoping VW Heritage or BBT might sell them, but can't find it listed on their websites. The other option is to use the fuel tank tube kit which doesn't have the reserve tap connection. Does this have the same thread that will fit my 1959 fuel tank? Thanks in advance for any help offered. By the way a good used one would be ok.
Cheers
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. 😃

Status VW parts list them on their website...

https://www.status-vw.co.uk/shop/en-gb/dept_103.html 

But I'm sure Herritage or Karman Konnection would have them too.

isaac
  • isaac
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
Thanks for your quick reply. Looks like a very useful site.
Cheers
isaac
  • isaac
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
Would the later fuel tank tube kit fit? Is the thread on the later nut the same as that on the bottom of the fuel tank? I know I would be without the reserve switch in the car, but the dipstick I use keeps me from running out!
Cheers
isaac
  • isaac
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
I've found out from Status that all Beetle fuel tanks have the same thread for the fuel tap. So fitting a later tap without the reserve part is possible. My car is used for rallying, so it's just another thing to go wrong, so i'd rather be without it. Also there are enough opportunities, on most events, to get enough fuel on board without the risk of running out. Beetles are thankfully more fuel efficient than some other rally cars. :wink:
Batton
17 years ago
Who are BBT? Is this a parts supplier I haven't come across or am I just not recognising the abbreviation? Would appreciate it if you could post some details. Many thanks 🙂
six-o-one
17 years ago